cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Price Increase

Roger3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Can PM increase the price of the plan? Please give the full details.

4 REPLIES 4

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Usually no - but eventually you'll be forced to change plans by gentle coaxing by PM.

With that said, ur probably good for a while here at PM...

dna2016

@Roger3 all wireless companies (meaning globally all companies) can change the price plan anytime they want.  Just think of cable and Internet providers, they pretty much increase their prices every year.  For some reason companies don't tend to change the prices on customers existing plans, they usually just discontinue the plan for new customers and introduce newer plans.  

I used to work for one of the big 3 for about 6 years, and during my time there they never changed or increased prices on existing customer's plans, however what they would do is advise them that their plan is "outdated" and may have "problems" on the existing network, and when the customer would go do a cell phone upgrade the system would not let the employee  set up a newer phone at a discount without updating the customer's plan to a newer one.  But keep in mind these are when customers have had the same plan for like 15 years.

So I'd say you'll have nothing to worry about unless you end up having the same plan for like 15 years, lol.

TheGx

Although phoone companies, including Public Mobile, can increase the price in your plan anytime - they most likey won't, since that will just make them lose loyal customers, I've had cell phone plans with all the phone companies at one time or another since the 1990's and they've never increased our plans since there always seems like better plans in the future.  They seem to just not let you get your plan back if you don't renew it on time.

Over the long term, I've only seen phone plans get cheaper not more expensive, the long term means averaged over the years - not short term increases or decreases like short term promotions etc.

selva1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As per the service terms, Yes, please the extract from the service terms:

Public Mobile has the right to change any of the terms of service, including rates, without notice. Changes become effective thirty days after being posted at publicmobile.ca/ plans. By purchasing service after a change is posted, including by continuing to top up your account, you accept the current terms of service. You can cancel service at any time, without penalty or cancellation fees.

Need Help? Let's chat.