cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Expired: want to leave PM anyway

Leaving
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I hate this company!

I just read a post about someone's plan expiring a few months ago. 

I have Autopay.  You made me go through the trouble of settling that up and now the plan suddenly expires?!?

I hate this company!

Has anyone switched?  Who did you go with?  I am thinking of going with Freedom Mobile if I can. 

PM sucks!!!

26 REPLIES 26

@gpixel I can see it in that case. I inferred from the OP's posts that he was under the impression that people were on a plan/deal that gave them this as opposed to the $50 / 8.5Gb with a ton of referrals. There is a difference. I will "snack" on my words lol.

@kb_mv there are users here with 30+ referrals...

I read back on Leavings post, you're right they were talking about just the plan. I've also seen this on Reddit. if you have the knowledge on how to acquire these rewards anything is possible 😉

@Leaving I have a hard time believing anyone on here is getting 8-10GB data per month for under $30. I'll happily eat those words if someone can show me.

But don't some of their plans not include use while roaming onto the big three? And then there is the no mans land in between where it still has a signal from Freedom, you just cant use it for anything!

AE_Collector

@gblackma I disagree with you with Freedom being great in major cities and not so good in rural areas. It's the other way around.  Fredom's service is better outside the home network areas because customers can use the Big 3 networks.

@Leaving my friend is on freedom and it hasn't changed... the best the to do if you need your service is to not rely on auto-pay... you can manually pay ahead of time and you will still qualify for the $2 autopay reward.

@Leaving  The procedure is 3 messages from 611.

1. A 3 day before payment reminder message. The one you got.
  2. On the date due around 12 noon eastern. A rewards applied message. 
  3. On the date due around 12.03 pm est. A payment thankyou message.

Stay safe. 

Leaving

@Staliger , But, the notification feature didn't work. I had a message that a payment is due but none stating the Autopay failed. 

I just assume it failed and mimmo's post about it possibly failing made sense to me.

Leaving

@AE_Collector , I was told Freedom's coverage and signal quality has improved. 

A Mobile Shop employee was 'selling me" on Freedom several months ago.  As long as it's not a contract, I am not too worried about claims that it's bad. 

@Leaving No software is perfect. Sooner or later it gives an issue. Similarly here, Autopay may fail. To be 100% safe, you can enable autopay to have a discount + you can do a manual payments every time. Luckily, because PM introduced a new notification feature, you would know whether or not Autopay failed and if you need to do a manual payment.

Leaving

@mimmo , someone on the Public Mobile reddit sub claims to be paying that.

I have read on here too, people claim to have good deals. 

I know it was a glitch and I got too upset too quickly but I am worried about it happening often. Also, I didn't know what was happening.  At least, I could log in to my accounts. I read on here, some poor soul couldn't even get into their account. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Leaving   8-10gb <$30   please share.  that might be on freedom but you need to have a phone that supports all their bands 4 13 and 66 iirc to get best coverage.  not all phones support these.   and if it is freedom you have less network when compared to bell /telus/rogers.   but i believe they have roaming agreements .  not sure teh details so please get the details before switching.   

from what i recall PM has one of teh cheapest plans $/gb  zoomer also had a decent offerings as well 

@Leaving 

You need to take a bit more time to do some research before flying off somewhere. I can say this because you are losing sleep dreaming of a better life at... Freedom Mobile! Really? That tells me that you ONLY worry about cost and service level doesn’t really matter yet something glitches here and you are incensed about it. Actual cell service / coverage is what I am talking about. If you Really want the #4 Level provider of cell coverage with Freedom, go for it.

There is a saying that you get what you pay for. With Freedom you get poor coverage to save $. With PM you Get great coverage but might occasionally have a glitch to save some $.

AE_Collector

gjong26

Ok thanks for the info.  @Leaving dont go to the kios

mimmo

@gjong26   kiosks do not /are not supposed to provide technical help.  they only sell and activate.  they have no access to a persons account.

gjong26

Can you try another CC?  I know for Via Rail when I try to book online I cant use my MC.  I have to use my Visa card.  But besides that I would reach out to the bot and get it sorted out.  If you prefer alking with someone you can try a kiosk if you're close by.

Once you sort this out you should be golden! 😂

Leaving

@gjong26 , I think the Autopay failed. I have no other theories.  Money was there.  CC works.

Isn't there a dozen or so messages over the last few months of similar issues?  "I have Autopay and my CC works but my plan was suspended...what do I do???"

It seems like a common occurrence.  I know Freedom uses Autopay.  I wonder how often it happens with them.

Leaving

@mimmo , I think that's what happened. 

I topped it up manually but kinda regret it.

I am paying $42.95 after tax for 5gb of data.  $38 + $2 Autopay on $40 plan.  Seems average but I read of people getting 8 or 10gb and paying less than $30.  Stuff like that. 

I wish I paid the $15 and shopped around.

Thanks for your reply.  I think you figured out what happened.  I agree, it was a failed Autopay payment unless someone knows differently and explains. 

So, is it going to fail again, next month?  Maybe there will be deals in September as kids go back to school?

gjong26

Check out the link for the SMS notification and autopay.  If you added money to your account then your autopay should work the following month.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/SMS-Notification-for-Autopay-Error/m-p/...

gjong26

When I setup my autopay I havent had any issues since I had activated my SIM card and account.  Did you try to reach out to a bot?  Ya I heard ya, it would be annoying especially if you dont have any issues on your side.  But stuff like this happens every so often.  No need to stress out just get it all sorted out.  You can add a few bucks to your account to ensure theres money in your account.  And as well chat with the bot to make sure its set right.  Leaving to another company you may experience the same annoyances as well.  It happends to the best of companies as well.  Dont sweat the little things dude.  

mimmo

@Leaving log into selfserve and make a manual payment to top up you account equal to your plan cost.

to leave PM and keep your number you need an active account unless porting to telus or koodo.  you could also change your plan to the $15plan  in order to activate your account and port out.  load the $15 first then change plans i believe is the process.

I believe what you wrote was a new sms message that pm implemented to notify people of  failed auto pays.  @Catherine_T   can you confirm this is the wording of the new sms message 

"Your service is currently suspended due to insufficient funds."

'Please disregard this message if you have enough funds in your balance or are on AutoPay.
Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactive your current plan. Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days of non-payment and you will lose your phone number and service.'

if this was all in one sms it is a little confusing.

Leaving

"Your service is currently suspended due to insufficient funds."

'Please disregard this message if you have enough funds in your balance or are on AutoPay.
Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactive your current plan. Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days of non-payment and you will lose your phone number and service.'

I have enough funds and I am on Autopay.  So just ignore it?????

I don't want this happening again and this is Mickey mouse.  It seems like a bug that PM doesn't want to fix.

Leaving

P.S. your post makes no sense. 

I'm on autopay.  Why is it suddenly expired?  This Mickey Mouse mobile service has too many annoying quirks.

I don't see how this expiration is normal.  I have autopay.  There's money available on my reloadable credit card.  I use KOHO.

I would understand if I forgot to load the card but I am not paying for this when it's not my fault. 

Leaving

People say there is no disruption to service but I have no mobile service at all.

Leaving

Public Mobile subscribers actually put up with that?

I want a refund or reimbursement on my account then?  I don't have service and you are telling me I won't have service for 14 hours?  This is normal?

If Public Mobile won't reduce my fee, I'm gone!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Leaving if this is your first renewal thats normal.  The normal PM renewal process is expired, then suspended, payment comes out at 2am est (on the self service account date) then the plan resets for the next 30 day cycle at 6am est. Once your phone is working properly ignore the mesage, leave your account alone. Just check for you 611 payment thankyou text message around 12.03pm est. tomorrow.
Renewal process screenshots https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/If-I-have-a-credit-35-00-does...

Stay safe.  

FYI Freedom is great within Major cities not so good in rural areas.

Need Help? Let's chat.