cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Change

peterichard
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I been with Public Mobile for I dont know, 5-8 years now. Im still on this old 90 days plan with 6GB total data, and alot of rewards.( Im Really happy with public mobile and I told alot of my friends to switch over. )

So here's my question......Im no genius here but is there any disadvantage of me switching plan here? Because 15GB/each month is better than a avg of 2GB

thanks for the advice

20221123_102340.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

@peterichard 

I do see one disadvantage to changing.  The new plan doesn't actually include faster data than your old plan. The data might actually be slower. The new plans are advertised as having a download speed limit of 100Mbps.  Your old plan was never advertised as having that download speed cap.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Only advantage:

- higher data speed

- more data per month

- Canada wide calling

- monthly charge so you can switch provider after a month if not satisfied.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You also gain Canada-wide calling, 4G rather than 3G, and that extra 13GB per 30 days. There is no downside for you other than you will start paying every 30 days instead of 90 days. Which if you are on auto-pay shouldn't in theory make any difference to you unless you absolutely needed the 90 day cycle.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@peterichard hi yes I would change for sure, your rewards will stay with your account just do not change to new rewards system ,your rewards will be devided by three that is the only difference ,also change at renewal not immediately or you will lose what you paid for this cycle 

peterichard
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

awesome thanks, im not good with fine prints. 

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@peterichard   There's no disadvantage for you to switch. It's probably in your best interest and you'll get to keep all your current rewards and add ons too.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@peterichard  It a great deal for you.. set it up for next renewal 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@peterichard , there are zero disadvantages with switching.  I am also on the legacy plan and have queued up the change on the next renewal.  Shoot the puck, you won't regret it.  

Need Help? Let's chat.