cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone review : Motorola E5 play

Murdernmayhem20
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like to first explain my criteria for deciding as to whether a phone is worth the money I spent.  I understand that this phone when it first came out was close to $150-175. And yet even then it was well worth the money. So when I saw that a Toronto walmart had it for sale for $120 brand new ( not pre-owned like this site has listed it for the same price ) I knew that I was finally going to buy a phone this month.

I currently only get paid $750/m basic needs for disability  and it's difficult to justify such a chunk out of my cheque,  however this phone is something I am willing to spend the cash on.

1. Anything that can survive a full 3 months of the abuse my clumsiness puts on a phone and at the end of it there's not a single scratch. We'll it's worth it's weight in gold right there. In 3 months I dropped it over 300 times and stepped on it twice. Not a scratch.

2. This phone's battery is also great. It lasts just under 24 hours while playing games with the data/wifi on and at least 2 days with data/wifi off and still using it for calls but leaving it in standby when not using it.

3. Great graphics.  No lag for the type of games I like to play mmorpg

4. Great rom and ram

It's not a five out of five out of all phones but in its price range,  yeah  it totally is

2 REPLIES 2

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Murdernmayhem20 wrote:

I would like to first explain my criteria for deciding as to whether a phone is worth the money I spent.  I understand that this phone when it first came out was close to $150-175. And yet even then it was well worth the money. So when I saw that a Toronto walmart had it for sale for $120 brand new ( not pre-owned like this site has listed it for the same price ) I knew that I was finally going to buy a phone this month.

I currently only get paid $750/m basic needs for disability  and it's difficult to justify such a chunk out of my cheque,  however this phone is something I am willing to spend the cash on.

1. Anything that can survive a full 3 months of the abuse my clumsiness puts on a phone and at the end of it there's not a single scratch. We'll it's worth it's weight in gold right there. In 3 months I dropped it over 300 times and stepped on it twice. Not a scratch.

2. This phone's battery is also great. It lasts just under 24 hours while playing games with the data/wifi on and at least 2 days with data/wifi off and still using it for calls but leaving it in standby when not using it.

3. Great graphics.  No lag for the type of games I like to play mmorpg

4. Great rom and ram

It's not a five out of five out of all phones but in its price range,  yeah  it totally is

I wouldn't say great graphics. The Moto E5 Play has a slow CPU and only has 720p screen resolution. That's very low end.  The phone is good for price as long as too much isn't expected. I think $120 is too much for a discontinued model. The Moto E6 Play is a newer and will get more software updates and only costs a little more.

softech
Oracle
Oracle
I played around with this phone before, too.. Solid entry level phone at this price range..
Need Help? Let's chat.