cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number Transfer problem

Ahmadjasim
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have followed all the steps needed to activate my new SIM card and choose the option to transfer my phone from another provider. It has been more then 2 business hours but nothing has happened, and no text has been sent. Would be glad if you guys can help.

thank you,

ahmad Jasim.

5 REPLIES 5

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Hi there, the community can definitely point you in the right direction but we need more details, if you can answer the questions above we can narrow it down for you 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Ahmadjasim -  Do you have ANY services working on the Public Mobile SIM card? Make sure to restart the phone and perhaps perform a reset of the network settings.

Was the other provider a mobile provider? You will need to keep the old SIM into your phone.

Yes, those should take 2-3 hours (usually sooner) to complete if all the ducks in a row. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.

Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

If still issues, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link: to request the transfer of your number over to Public Mobile.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Ahmadjasim 

Which provider are you trying to port from? Is the account active?

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Just to be clear...that text comes in on the OLD sim.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ahmadjasim   is that  mobile line?  did you get a text from your old provider to ask for your authentication to port?  did you reply YES within 90 mins? 

But if it is a land line, it could take 3 to 5 business days

there is a number to call and talk to live support.  i will message you the phone number.  please check your Community inbox  on the top right

Need Help? Let's chat.