cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working

Davecl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I changed my plan from the 1gb of data 3g plan to the 4gb of data 4g plan now my internet doesn't work and and I don't receive calls or messages and my outgoing texts don't work, I can make calls but the go through as unknown number.

10 REPLIES 10

Hi @Davecl  since Friday, many reported that they changed plans on renewal and the service failed after a renewal and plan change.  I am not sure if you are one of those affected, but it is time to get CS agent to look into it.  Please open ticket with PM CS agent.  If you are one of them, they can refresh the account and get it working again quickly

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

start by typing : Contact CS Agent
then Click "Contact Us"
then Click "Other"
finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Davecl

It is a new phone that came unlocked and when i put my sim card in it it worked right away and then 3 days later when my cycle restarted the phone stopped working. My number does not show up when i call people anymore either.

@Davecl wrote:

I mean my service is not working. I bought a new phone last week 3 days before my month was done, and my service was working fine for those 3 days, so on the last day I changed my plan from $25 plan on 3g speed to $40 plan with 4g speed the next day my phone was not working at all, no calls or text messages come through nor can I use my data. Only outgoing calls work but they go through as unknown caller even though before it showed my name. I assumed it was because of the switch from 3g to 4g so the next day i changed my plan from the $40 4g to the $50 10gigs 3g plan (lost the $40 plus tax and wasn't able to use phone and then payed another $50 plus tax). I feel like I got robbed and my phone still doesn't work. Now i have lost about $100 and i dont know what to do to get my service back.

@Davecl  - what I find strange is your outgoing calls are working. But nothing else?

The plan switch should have nothing to do with the 'unknown caller' on other people's devices. Do the recipients you are calling see your correct phone number, even though your name isn't showing (which is normal, unless the recipient has you added as a contact in their phone).

Did you try your sim card into another compatible phone to see if services work?

Another thing, since you bought a new phone..was this a used phone, and was it an iphone?

If so, deregister the number on the iphone: https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

Set up your phone number On your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

Davecl

Yes i have tried both and nothing.

Davecl

Yes it is active.

Davecl

I mean my service is not working. I bought a new phone last week 3 days before my month was done, and my service was working fine for those 3 days, so on the last day I changed my plan from $25 plan on 3g speed to $40 plan with 4g speed the next day my phone was not working at all, no calls or text messages come through nor can I use my data. Only outgoing calls work but they go through as unknown caller even though before it showed my name. I assumed it was because of the switch from 3g to 4g so the next day i changed my plan from the $40 4g to the $50 10gigs 3g plan (lost the $40 plus tax and wasn't able to use phone and then payed another $50 plus tax). I feel like I got robbed and my phone still doesn't work. Now i have lost about $100 and i dont know what to do to get my service back.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Davecl wrote:

I changed my plan from the 1gb of data 3g plan to the 4gb of data 4g plan now my internet doesn't work and and I don't receive calls or messages and my outgoing texts don't work, I can make calls but the go through as unknown number.

You say your phone is not working @Davecl . But you can make calls?

Unknown number is normal if the recipient does not have your contact number in their contacts.

edit - @dabr mentioned what i posted so removed it. Didn't see any of these posts when I started my own post. LOL snoozing over here, I guess.

Can you try your sim card into another phone to see if services work?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Davecl , are you able to confirm that your account is active and has the new plan loaded in?  Also try rebooting your phone.  

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Davecl   Have you tried rebooting the phone or power off and remove SIM card and reinsert after couple of minutes and reboot?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Can you login to your account and click the little spinner refresh icons lower down and check that your account is active and you are on the plan you want?

If so then try (we'll see if this is a fix) using the lost/stolen function to suspend your account. Log out, log back in, then that function to resume the account. Restart phone.

Are you on the new points system or the old rewards system?

Need Help? Let's chat.