cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working

Beast302
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just signed up to public and my phone no longer works for texts and calls and data now

10 REPLIES 10

hlu7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, you could check few things as follow:

1- Go to : Setting > Mobile networks > Click on the new PM SIM with your new numbers > 

2- In SIM card settings: Make sure it is turned ON > Access point Names, then  follow instructions below:

Changing APN Settings On Android Phones

Your phone’s Access Point Name (APN) settings contain information that’s necessary to make data connections. While you usually don’t need to configure APN settings, if you’re experiencing data issues, it’s worth checking if your APN is set up correctly. Follow the steps below to find out how:

1. Make sure your phone is unlocked. If it’s not, contact your previous wireless provider
  2. Check that your device is compatible on our network; for more information check out this article
  3. To access 5G network speeds, ensure you have a compatible phone, your phone’s software is up-to-date and you are connected to the Public Mobile 5G network where available.

Next, check your APN settings (Android Phones Only):

1. Open your phone’s settings and tap:
  • Access Point Names
  • New APN settings
  1. Verify the following field match:
  1. If you had to make any changes, save them, reboot your phone, and you’re good to go! Make sure to enable data in your phone settings

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

that is the page you type in your problem , click send and send to PM customer support. You have to do that fo get proper support help

you wasted so much time refusing to do that. Support ckoses at 10pm Toronto time.  Even you put in the ticket now,  likely it won't be looked into until tomorrow 

Beast302

The link does not allow me to message anyone, it takes me to a customer complaint thing. And how do I put in the ticket

slusagm

did you put in your ticket yet?? no one else can help if you still not put in the ticket 

we are just customers here.  You can continue to talk to us but the one who can help need you to message them.  Use the link to message PM

Beast302

Not able to connect with support, it takes me to the chat community. My phone is not working, I’d like you to get it working so I can use it. Basically I have no service because I believe the my number is not connected, I can’t phone and text and I have no data. I already paid the 36 bucks for the plan and this has all been bull**bleep**. Please help

slusagm

@Beast302 wrote:

How do I message support? 
this is the most annoying carrier plan ever

Read the answer, Oracle already posted it on the first reply

but in case you need it, here you are

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Beast302

How do I message support? 
this is the most annoying carrier plan ever

@Beast302 

just message support and ask them to reprovision the sim/account, it will be an easy fix for support

Beast302

Hi, I have tried a reset and it still doesn’t work. Says SOS only. 
My phone is an IPhone 10 XR

I ported my number from virgin and they released it but I’m not able to get my phone connected

@Beast302 

which phone no longer works ? the one with the PM sim card in?  or you ported the number and you were talking about the phone with the old carrier sim card no longer works?

if it is the PM sim card not working, reboot the phone first. Check if it shows SOS or if it connects to PM network.  

If it still does not work, can we know what brand and model is the phone?   But it could be just sim or account provisioning  issue.  Easy fix for PM support, you just need to engage them by direct message here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.