cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working after activation

newf2456
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello ,

so I activated my fathers phone on public mobile 3 days ago. Everything whet as it should and all the confirmation email were send and ok. 

But now his phone is not working. It says no SIM card. 

The phone is a Samsung J6. I have tried a Moderator but I understand that they are busy and it may take a while. Do anyone go any advice for me?

9 REPLIES 9

newf2456

So believe it or not the problem was Bell. After calling them twice to ask if they released the number they were actually lying. The guy at Walmart said this happened a lot. They hold the number longer to get people to get pissed off with PM.   The third time I call I was talking to someone with a grain of sence. And the resolved the issue

dhruv1003

When you sign into your public mobile "My Account", in the "Overview" tab, there is a "My Profile" section on the right hand side of the page. There is a "change my sim" option there which will allow you to change the sim card. 

Before you do this. I would suggest you pin-point whether it actually is a faulty sim card. 

Here are steps I suggest you take:

1) Shut down phone. Put the public mobile sim card in the phone. Re-start phone. 

see if the phone will read the sim card this time or not. 

2) If sim isnt read then try Step 1 again with another phone if possible. If both phones dont read the same public mobile sim then thats a good indication the card is faulty. 

3) If the sim does work on another phone then perhaps there is a fault with the phone itself in which case, you can try to put another sim card in the phone and see it that will work. 

Hope this helps. 
Good Luck!

newf2456

So I called bell and they said the number has been ported and he account closed. If the problem is the SIM card can I just get another one and activate it on the PM web site??

not sure how that will work as I already have a account set up and an active plan

dhruv1003

Hi there...

If your phone is saying "No Sim", have you made sure that the phone is unlocked?

I would suggest putting the sim in another phone and making sure it works. Another possibility is that the sim card is corrupt.

newf2456

Hey. 

I have tried everything that you said and nothing works. I have contacted the moderator but no reply after I verified the account. It’s been 2 days and my father still has no phone. 

newf2456

I’ll give it a try. Still waiting on a moderator. 

Ill let you know if it works and mark conversations as solved 

@newf2456Try the Bell SIM, if it still works then the port hasn't gone through yet. If it doesn't work and the Public Mobile SIM still doesn't work then the port is stuck and you will need to contact a moderator, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

newf2456

The number was moved over from Bell. I will try the other steps to see if it works

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@newf2456 Was the phone number moved from another provider or was is new? Make sure the SIM is in the phone correctly, try the SIM in a different phone if you can. Go to Settings --> More Networks --> Mobile Networks and see if there is an option that says Public Mobile, if there is then select it.

Try putting the in Airplane mode, wait 30 seconds, turn off Airplane mode, then restart the phone.
Need Help? Let's chat.