cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile's Plans No Longer Make Sense

zxcvbnm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Since Public Mobile released a $15 plan (100 minutes, unlimited texting, 250mb with autopay) and lowered one of their $30 plans to $25 (unlimited talk and text, 500mb + 500mb with autopay), their plan lineup no longer makes sense.

Why would anyone get the the $20 250mb plan when the $15 gives you the same data and 100 minutes and unlimited texting? I doubt being able to get the 250mb without autopay is that much of draw. They should either add more to the $20 250mb plan or get rid of it.

Why would anyone get the $25 unlimited province-wide talk and text plan when they can pay the same amount for unlimited Canada-wide talk and text and some data? They need to either get rid of the lesser $25 plan, lower its price, or beef it up and differentiate it from the good $25 plan.

And the $35 plan (unlimited talk and text, 1gb + 500mb with autopay) is senseless now. Compared to the $25 plan, you pay $10 for a paltry 500mb. Yet if you pay $5 more for the $40 plan, you get an additional 3.5gb. I realize it's smart to structure the plans so the $/gb decreases as you pay more, but this is too steep of a curve. I can't imagine anyone rationally choosing the $35 plan right now. They should either drop it to $30 or toss in more data.

Public Mobile has gone partway in overhauling thier plans. The changes they've made are great, but they need to finish the job so they have a cohesive set of offerings again.

3 REPLIES 3

@zxcvbnm, both of those new plans are listed as Special Offer.  These could be gone in 10 minutes, or 10 weeks, or 10 months.

Public Mobile doesn't specify when Special Offers end, until they decide to make an end date, or just take it away.

dumbdobie1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Stop complaining about a good deal and start taking advantage of it. I know which plan I'll be signing up with PM.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@zxcvbnm They probably just haven't changed it yet, they seem to do things 1 at a time.
Need Help? Let's chat.