cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not registered on network. . .why? we activated and bought plan & IMEI is good

willij6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

A bit frustrated spent over an hour filling in information online. Paid, IMEI good . . .can't make a call. Please help!!!

15 REPLIES 15

hxj140
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Greg4, which messaging app are you using? Try using other messaging apps such as Google Hangouts instead of the stock Samsung app.

Greg45
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have the same problem.

Samsung J1 (J120W) - 2 yrs old

Phone is unlocked.

Phone calls work but texting doesn't.

Moved from Freedom to P.M.

APN settings are as prescribed by this forum.

Network is set to 3G (the only that is compatible with P.M.) WCDMA

Desperately in need of someone who actually knows about this.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Karend I beleive @computergeek541 and @Mary_M have pointed out what is the likey problem: your phone is probably locked to Freedom Mobile if you got it from Wind.  You will need to get it carrier-unlocked in order to use it with Public Mobile.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Hey @Karend,

Welcome to our community!

Sorry to hear about this - I was able to locate your account and you've actually successfully activated it. Have you made sure to have your phone unlocked to function with PM? Can you manually search for our network?

Please let us know how it goes,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@Karend wrote:

Please help me I don't know what I did wrong but my phone is not registered on a network got new SIM today followed instructions payment taken and no phone use was with wind (freedom) Samsung Galaxy model #SM-J120W need a quick response as use my phone for work.

If your phone is unlocked, it should be compatible, although Wind Samsung devices usually have any LTE capabilities stripped from them.

Although you probably already have it set like this, make sure you are on automatic network selection to make sure that your phone isn't preset to connect to a different incorrect network (such as the Wind network if it was forced to that manually). 

There's a possiblity that your activation did not occur properly.  If you have another phone available that is compatible with Public, try your Public sim card in that phone.  If it's an account issue, you will need Public Mobile moderator assistance.

Karend

Please help me I don't know what I did wrong but my phone is not registered on a network got new SIM today followed instructions payment taken and no phone use was with wind (freedom) Samsung Galaxy model #SM-J120W need a quick response as use my phone for work.

srlawren

@Ojie can you confirm that your phone is not locked to any carrier other than Telus or Koodo?  What is the brand and model (as specific as possible here--many models have several sub-models that have varying network support).  Was it purchased through a carrier, or purchased unlocked though another source?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Ojie

Guys, please what did you do to get your phone to work? I'm encountering the sme problem of "Not registered on network" when I have done all I'm required to do and my phone is well compatable since I've used it on the same public mobile before. Please advice.

srlawren

@willij6 glad to hear it!  If you get a moment to let us know what was required to get things working, it might be helpful to someone else facing the same issue in the future. 

willij6

thanks. . .eventually we got it working. . .

srlawren

Hi @willij6,

Sorry, I need a bit more info.  What *specific* model of J1 6 do you have?  I see the following possible options:

J120F (Global); Galaxy Express 3 J120A (AT&T); J120H, J120M, J120M, J120T

J120F seems like it should work for phone, text, and 3G data, but not 4G/LTE data.  It should be fine.  

J120A will work for 4G LTE data, and will give you partial support for phone, text, and 3G data, as it supports only one (850MHz) of the two (850MHz and 1900MHz) frequencies PM uses for HSPA/UMTS network.

I don't have info handy for the other variants, but let me know which one yours is and I can dig if needed.

willij6
Thank you for your response. Phone still not working. Frustrated because bought the phone based on the fact public mobile said imei is good. Phone is a Samsung galaxy j1 6. So I am paying for a service that I have not been able to use....

srlawren

Hi @willij6, welcome to public mobile, and to the community!  Are you still having issue with your getting your phone activated on the network?  If so, what make and model is your phone?  Can you confirm that it is either carrier-unlocked, OR that it came from Telus/Koodo?  Also you mentioned your IMEI is okay--were you checking it on the Public Mobile site?  If so, unfortunately, that tool does sometimes give "false positives", indicating that a phone will work when it fact it won't.  You could try checking on http://willmyphonework.net/, or if you're unsure, please let us know the make (brand) and model number (as specific as possible, many models have several variations), and we can check if it's indeed compatible with PM's network for you.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @willij6

Welcome to Public Mobile. 

I'm sorry to hear about this, 

I had a chance to look into your account and I see that everything is well active, I also see that you tried texting and you were able to send a text. Can you confirm if this is correct? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

polisheagle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@willij6 sorry to hear about that. I think you'll get more exposure and help if you start a new thread as I marked this one as solved. Are you porting a number? It might take a while to have it port over.

Need Help? Let's chat.