cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone compatibility

oldrinba
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am looking to buy a new phone with the following specifications, and I am not sure if it is compatible with Public Mobile:

2G GSM: B2/3/5/8

3G WCDMA: B1/2/4/5/8

4G LTE-FDD: FDD B2/4/5/7/28AB

15 REPLIES 15

cmobile

Only 3g and 4g or above. Public mobile doesn't work with old school 2g phone any more. 

@softech wrote:

The 3G  spec on the web of this phone show 

Although the required b2 and b5 are there.. but is WCDMA  different from HSPA that we need? 

For our purpsoses, they're the same.

The 3G  spec on the web of this phone show 

Although the required b2 and b5 are there.. but is WCDMA  different from HSPA that we need? 

@oldrinba wrote:

I know 2G is old technology, but I copied all the info as stated on the manufacturer website. I wish the bands for 4G are ok, I am not interested in 2G/3G.

I'll repeat this because it's very important:  Please do pay attention to 3g compatibility. Unless you have no desire to ever make or receive a phone call, 3g network technology compatibility is mandatory.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@oldrinba : The 3G connections are fine. The 4G connections may be light but some of those frequencies are used here.

If you wish to use any phone here for talk then you need at least 1 3G frequency which this has (2). Otherwise, text and data can operate on 4G.

oldrinba

The phone is here, is a new model 2021. AGM M7

https://www.agmmobile.com/pages/agm-m7

It looks like a feature phone, but it is android.

Because it is made by a European manufacturer, it would be great to know if 4G band works here, before ordering it.

I need a minimalist cell phone for day to day, but also it must have 4G so I can tether my tablet if sometimes I need browsing or other features.

oldrinba

I know 2G is old technology, but I copied all the info as stated on the manufacturer website. I wish the bands for 4G are ok, I am not interested in 2G/3G.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

CQ @BKNS27 

...ahhh yes, and don't forget HF too!  I can't say I've been on the air in a while!

73 to you too!  🙂

@BlueB 

It is just like using my UHF/VHF radios talking to my friends on local repeaters.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes, 2G is an old frequency, but depending on the location and network, it's still usable/accessible.  I have an old phone that is still in use believe it or not... my friends make fun of my, but hey - it works! 😂

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@oldrinba 

2G is an old frequency and is not used any more.

Most unlocked phones available in Canada are compatible.

What phone are you looking at purchasing?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@oldrinba wrote:

I am looking to buy a new phone with the following specifications, and I am not sure if it is compatible with Public Mobile:

The 3G Bands 2 & 5  and  4G Band 4 are the indicators that you'll be just fine.

@Anonymous wrote:

your asking about your phone will working or not ?

for public mobile phone compatibility

you have to put it a device brand for any phone to you can see all information

you can visit here >>

WillMyPhoneWork.net - Check if your phone works on a network

following  >> To find out if your cellular phone is compatible with our network, click here

or you can visit here >>

Get Started (publicmobile.ca)

When it comes to compatibility checking webstites, they are only checking the specifications of the device. Assuming that the specifications that the OP posted are correct for this phone, there's no reason to check such databases as the answer is already there. Being that the phoen has UMTS bands 2 and 5 and also has a SIM card slot, the phone is compatible with Public Mobile.  A note about the Public Mobile compatibility and IMEI status checker: It has been temporarily disabled.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@oldrinba 

@oldrinba wrote:

Yes, it should be compatible.

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).  band 12, band 5, band 2, band 1, band 4
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).   B2, B5

3G = 850 (5), 1900 (2)

4G = 850 (5), 1900 (2), 700 (12/13/17/29), 1700/2100 (4), 2600 (7), 1700/2100 (66)

Anonymous
Not applicable

your asking about your phone will working or not ?

for public mobile phone compatibility

you have to put it a device brand for any phone to you can see all information,

you can visit here >>

WillMyPhoneWork.net - Check if your phone works on a network

following  >> To find out if your cellular phone is compatible with our network, click  HERE

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.