cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone and Public Mobile account display different numbers

Thadocstorage2
New in Town / Nouveau en Ville

Phone and Public Mobile account display different numbers. Cell service and data service is not working. This happened after changing my phone number, on the public mobile my account.

2 REPLIES 2

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Thadocstorage2  are you an iphone?

What happens when you call the new number from another line, does it ring to your phone? (edit sorry, you said 'cell service not working").

Is your account status showing Active?

Deregister the old number on the iphone: https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

Set up your new phone number On your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I'm sure you've done at least a restart by now. Can you try the sim in another phone? Try clicking on any little spinner refresh icons lower down to get updated account numbers. You could also try using private mode.

Need Help? Let's chat.