cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Number

MiaLandi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I had a phone plan with public mobile last year and cancelled it when I went travelling. I have since returned and just set up my phone plan again however it isn’t letting me use the same phone number that I have had for years. Before I paid for a contract it said that my phone number was still linked on my account, however during the set-up now it isn’t letting me use the number. 
when I go to put it in it says it isn’t a Canadian number?

4 REPLIES 4

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@MiaLandi 

the only way is to ask PM to help.

As said above, you need to get a new number first.  Then you can ask PM to try to help.  It would help if you show them you owned the number before

once you are ready, open ticket using the ways I posted above

MiaLandi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you so much EddieO! I had called my old number and it says that is isn’t in service and therefore hasn’t been used yet by another person. Do you know another way in which I may be able to reclaim it?

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@MiaLandi for your general knowledge, in order to port in (transfer in) an existing number it must be coming from an active account. Since you mentioned that you had cancelled your account because you were going to be away travelling, it's not likely that you will be able to get that number back as there's a good chance that it has been put back in the pool and reassigned to someone else

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

yes, subscribers usually cannot choose specific new number

but if the number you got was from PM , ie, not ported into PM, maybe PM can help to assign you back, but just maybe

Get a new number first, and after activated, ask PM and hope they can help.  You will just  need to open ticket with PM using the Orange Chatbot icon on the lower right. Type the question Submit ticket and select Contact Us to get to ticket open screen

or message them using this link:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.