cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Compatibility

Mmrgreen1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there, I have an LG A341 phone but it’s not in the drop down menu when checking phone compatibility.  Am I able to use pm with this phone?

Also, I’m not interested in using the internet and don’t need data.  Are any talk/text plans available or do I have to get one with data?

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

Mmrgreen1

Ok, thanks everyone!

@Mmrgreen1 wrote:

Thanks for all the replies.  I am currently with Telus and would like to switch to pm.  If I cancel Telus, can I keep my current phone number when I switch to pm?

is there any hidden costs on the bill? If I opt for the $15 plan, is it $15 plus tax on the bill?

Do NOT cancel your Telus account. porting to Public Mobile (= number transfer) will close that account automatically.

Edit: ninja'd again...

To add to @geopublic 's reply: if you are on a prepaid plan, be aware that you will forfeit the remaining balance in your account. Personally, I'd also initiate the port a couple of days before the renewal of your current plan to allow for the unlikely event of porting problems.

@Mmrgreen1 wrote:

Thanks for all the replies.  I am currently with Telus and would like to switch to pm.  If I cancel Telus, can I keep my current phone number when I switch to pm?

@Mmrgreen1  No do not cancel your Telus account. In order to port your number your Telus account needs to be active in order to complete the port. Just pick a temp PM when you activate your PM sim card and then setup the port after you have activated your card. Once your number is ported to PM your Telus account will automatically close.

is there any hidden costs on the bill? If I opt for the $15 plan, is it $15 plus tax on the bill?

Yes it's $15 plus tax minus $2 if you signup for AutoPay by registering your credit card. PM has no hidden fees and don't forget to ask for a referal to get an additional $10 credit.

Mmrgreen1

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Triguy, according to this site, this phone will work on 3G (850 and 1900 Mhz).  You are good to go for talk and text for sure.

https://www.phonearena.com/phones/LG-A341_id8981

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It should work based on these specs.

• Frequency

2G/EDGE: 850, 900, 1800, 1900 | 3G/HSDPA: 850, 1900

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Mmrgreen1 wrote:

Hi there, I have an LG A341 phone but it’s not in the drop down menu when checking phone compatibility.  Am I able to use pm with this phone?

Also, I’m not interested in using the internet and don’t need data.  Are any talk/text plans available or do I have to get one with data?

Thank you

you best option for a plan without data is $15 plan that has 100 outgoing/ulimited incoming minutes and unlimited texting.  The autopay will give you $2 discount/30 days, plus 250 mb data.  You don't have to use that data if you don't want.  You can also elect to not use autopay, but you would lose out on the $2 discount too.

You can also purchase $5/500 Canada wide minutes to supplement your $15 plan, these minutes don't expire and will roll over every month until used up.

You can check your phone's compatibility by clicking here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/get-started

I believe it's been mentioned that LG phones require you do a hard reset, but I don't know for sure about your particular phone.

Edit: I just replaced the link, sorry the first one was wrong.

Need Help? Let's chat.