cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payments

Gloria26
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi so I changed my plan from $25 to $15 and I realized I was still charged $25 on my card but on my account on PM it says I have a balance of $10. Why is is that , I don't understand, why didn't you charge $15 directly from my card but put $10 on my account. How do I stop being charged $25 directly from my card. 

7 REPLIES 7

@HALIMACS wrote:

@computergeek541 

Does this phenomenon occur moreso when the plan change is scheduled within a day or so from the next renewal? 

This occurrence seems to be more plausible in those conditions than if the plan change was scheduled several days/weeks in advance of a renewal.

I've never read about any link between how far ahead the change was scheduled, only that the system sometimes suspends the service because the pre-authroized payment is charged at an amount that is too low.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

Does this phenomenon occur moreso when the plan change is scheduled within a day or so from the next renewal? 

This occurrence seems to be more plausible in those conditions than if the plan change was scheduled several days/weeks in advance of a renewal.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

So watch at the next renewal that your credit card will pay $5. Then the renewal after that watch for the whole $15.

Adding - you can leave autopay on. The payments screen will have the ability to pay your full plan amount from the registered credit card. You can also use vouchers or real time payments.

Gloria26
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I top up manually because I tried looking for that feature but didn't see it. Anyway I have already disabled my auto payment 

@Gloria26 wrote:

Hi so I changed my plan from $25 to $15 and I realized I was still charged $25 on my card but on my account on PM it says I have a balance of $10. Why is is that , I don't understand, why didn't you charge $15 directly from my card but put $10 on my account. How do I stop being charged $25 directly from my card. 

Unfotunately, this is a long time issue with Public Mobile in the sense that when a plan change is scheduled, the system sometimes charges for the old plan instead of the new one.  I would suggest that anyone performing a plan change to manually top up the full payment amount a few days before the renewal, but to ensure that the top up amount is enough to cover the more expensive of the old or new plan.  As for the extra $10, I would advise to leave it in your account as it can be used to pay for part of your next renewal.

@LoveNature wrote:

Hi @Gloria26 

clear cache/ cookies/ open inPrivate mode,from computer. Login again.

and you select ‘Change plan now’  or ‘Change plan on renewal date’?

Self Serve showing a cached website wouldn't cause the wrong price to be charged to the credit card. Also, as the card has been charged, the plan change has already taken effect.

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Gloria26 

clear cache/ cookies/ open inPrivate mode,from computer. Login again.

and you select ‘Change plan now’  or ‘Change plan on renewal date’?

my mistake information. you can removing @computergeek541 

Need Help? Let's chat.