cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment

Jd17
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why was I charged $8 more for month of may?

10 REPLIES 10

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You gave them your consent the day you signed up. You are now paying the amount that you originally agreed to pay for your plan. Your plan has always been the same amount they just applied a discount to your bill. Now you no longer get the discount.

@Jd17   They should just be charging you the original cost of your plan except now it is without your $ rewards.  Now you collect points based on your bill and "loyalty" that you can use to deduct from future bills.  In many cases the new plans are better than those longer time customers are on so it may be worth looking, for example the $19 plan with 1GB data at 4G speed (only shown in your account when you  log in), or the $34 Canada-US plan with 50GB data at 5G speed. 

wyld
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I agree, its stupid that they just suddenly started charging us more, and reduced and took away rewards like autopay and loyalty. I'm going to look into new cell phone carriers as well. I've been with public mobile a long time and I recall a lot of promises on thier part that they just broke

Jd17

What good is rewards if they can just tack on 8 dollars?

Jd17

Stupid that they are able to just charge my credit card more without my consent     oh well they just lost a 7 year customer 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Jd17 

Yup some members have left because of the switch but PM is the only carrier that offer rewards for credit back onto your account.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Jd17 

There was an announcement made that all existing members on the old Legacy Rewards will be switched over to the Points Reward in March.

You should have gotten 5 points for the switch and you will need to collect 15 points to redeem for a $15 credit based on 5% on points if your monthly plan. 10 points for annual loyalty reward and no points for AutoPay.

Jd17

Stupid time to look for new carrier

@Jd17 wrote:

Why was I charged $8 more for month of may?

Recent customers were switch from the old  rewards program to the new points system.  The points system only awards points after each renewal and to receive an discount, the points need to be manually redeemed.

Need Help? Let's chat.