cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password reset

uaghwana
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I cannot reset my password on my account as the security code does not come to my email address. Can anyone assist, please?

13 REPLIES 13

@uaghwana wrote:

it has been more than 4 months. 

@uaghwana

That's unfortunate if you've not paid the account within 90 days of suspension as I mentioned earlier.  So the solution chosen is incorrect in that case.  edit:  I had hoped you had been successful in receiving the reset code.

@uaghwana  4 months?? Likely account closed.  

Call 1855-4PUBLIC, enter you phone number and see if the system can locate your account.  if not, then account closed already

uaghwana

it has been more than 4 months. 

Yes, when did you last pay? If more than 4 months (and without balance) then the account will close.

@uaghwana   It should work as long as the account hasn't gone past 90 days of suspension without payment.  Otherwise, unfortunately, the account and number would get deactivated.

You need to do the choice of an SMS? It doesn't go to both places.

And you ARE talking about password reset right? The account 2FA does not give the option of SMS when suspended.

@dabr- darlicious very nicely gave the obvious answer to that in our discussion about this a while ago. It's like well duh of course it won't send a text...it's suspended...but much nicer put. 🙂 It in effect stops the sim from doing anything on the network. Suspended for lack of payment leaves the sim still kind of working.

uaghwana

Yes, I did. However, my account is suspended as I have not used this phone in a while as it is not my primary phone number. Let me try it again

@uaghwana    Did you put in your phone number to receive the code during password reset option?

uaghwana

I just checked, I didn't receive any.

@uaghwana    As mentioned you should be able to get the password reset code sent to your phone, although the message icon may not display that a code has been received.  That was my experience when testing it out earlier on a suspended account since the the notifications appear properly once the account was activated.

@dust2dust    You're unable to receive the reset code if the account is self suspended?

uaghwana

Thank you.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Do you not have a phone with the currently active sim in it? You should be able to do reset password through a text even when suspended (not self-suspended)

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@uaghwana 

Hi if password reset isn't working for you then to change/reset account password/email you need the help of a service rep 

There are two ways to contact a customer service agent , open a ticket through Simon here https://publicmobile.ca

Or  private message them here

Need Help? Let's chat.