cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password reset

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

If you choose to get the verification code for a password reset sent to the phone number does it get sent to the phone number registered with eversafe or the actual phone number on the device (when they are different)?

Thx.

9 REPLIES 9

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

Update:

One of the top tier CSA's replied to my message at the start of the pm business day with 3 of the possible verification questions to swap the Sim card. Barely a minute after I replied with the info my referral contacted me to hold off as the phone was found by a good Samaritan. I whipped off a quick message to the CSA to hold off but it was too late....sim card was swapped. It all worked out as the good Samaritan forgot the phone at home and wouldn't be able to return it until after work and my referral had already upgraded his phone and needed his mobile services for work.

Once the Sim was swapped I put it in my phone and used the pm app after clearing the app cache to try logging in ( no luck ) but I sent the password reset code to the phone # on the device/Sim card and it worked. After resetting the password (old one was correct?!!) I was able to login using the PM phone # to recieve the 2FA code yet again. The only mystery is how eversafe randomly updated the phone # in the eversafe ID page from my textnow phone # to the currently active pm phone #?

My referral didn't, I didn't and FYI.....CSA's cannot even see the info in the eversafe ID page.

Lucky for me after all this my referral brought me another referral. Unluckily for me was the extra 85 minutes it took me to activate using the pm app after encountering a myriad of issues......but that's a story for another day!

Thanks for everyone's advice!

I think "Find My" is enabled by default so you never know, it might work.  Fingers crossed for customer service.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Phil_Adelphus 

Lol....I asked him if he had "find my phone" enabled? He responded: What?.....Are you talking about?"

I took that as a no?

Yes I did that immediately hoping for a late night reply.....alas nothing yet. Unlucky timing.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@maximum_gato  "Meanwhile who knows who is running around town with his phone? I can't suspend it or change the Sim card?"

Your referral may be able to report the phone lost/stolen through Google or Apple depending if an Android or iPhone.  Not that that will suspend the PM account (contact customer service for that?) but it's another potential option and may even find it's current location or wipe/block it.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@BKNS27 

If it works.....sigh....this account has been problematic from the start. The phone number was changed and I updated it in the eversafe ID page. Then I suggested to my referral to download the app on his phone so he could access his account but it wouldn't recognize his password even if he reset it. But I was able to login online with it no problem. 

Then a month or so later he requested a number change but when I tried to update the eversafe ID it wouldn't accept the new phone number. It kept giving an error message to use a valid phone #. It wouldn't accept any public mobile phone # so eventually I tried using my textnow phone # which it accepted. I tested it out to make sure I could recieve the verification code before logging out. I logged in a couple of times after that and was able to recieve the verification code.

Tonight my referral contacted me to suspend the account because he lost his phone (or stolen?) I made a typo in the password I didn't catch right away so I closed the private tab, cleared the browser cache and entered the correct login info but still recieved email/password doesn't match error message. When I attempted a password reset I recieved the exceeded the maximum login attempts please wait one hour message.

I can't reset the password via the phone number and timely communication with my referral without a phone to recieve the emailed code ( if he can recieve it?) isn't working out and every attempt to reset the password yields another exceeded login attempts message.

Meanwhile who knows who is running around town with his phone? I can't suspend it or change the Sim card?

Public mobile and neversafe is Grrrreat!!! 🐯👍🐈😀

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

I had experience of that, I initially had a PM number to try out the service on an older phone before porting my number from the previous provider to PM.  The port worked fine and my number changed on the phone and my PM profile but Eversafe kept sending the 2FA codes to the old PM number which I no longer had.  I had to go in to the Eversafe profile and change it myself.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@maximum_gato 

I didn’t know that number can be different on your account from the one in your phone.

Something new to me…learned something.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Thank you....one more minute to wait to reset. Hopefully it works.....? The password was correct I'm hoping it's not the other glitch at play.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Eversafe.

Need Help? Let's chat.