cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Painful transition over to Public Mobile

Doglady
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just transferred over on the weekend and almost lost my sanity trying to get up as I found the instructions really lacking. It wasn't until waiting the full 5 hours for service that the "tip" came up to keep your old sim card in your phone. Maybe I'm just not that smart, but trying to get help having someone at Public Mobile contact my prior carrier to make another port request - couldn't get a ticket made? Why can't the online instructions be a little clearer on this very small important step? Would have saved me hours and hours. I almost scrapped the move. 

4 REPLIES 4

@Doglady  Glad you are up and running!  It's a rather daunting thing to have to do everything yourself but it should be worth it now that you're all set.

Doglady
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am up and running now. Took almost 24 hours, whew. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Doglady  The instructions for porting do say ". To ensure that you can complete the transfer, make sure that your old SIM is still inside a device (or if you use eSIM, ensure your old eSIM is still activated) so that you can respond to any verification messages."

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/get-help/articles/transfer-your-number 

Hopefully after a difficult start you are all set now!  Contacting customer support via the chatbot is not working well at the moment but you can private message an agent if the need arises.  Do you still need help?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Doglady - i agree, things could be clearer.

So the port request timed out i presume.  Try calling the Telus porting phone number, which we are not supposed to post here. So, check your private messages I will send it to you there.

Or, if still issues, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/transfer-your-number

Need Help? Let's chat.