cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid for SIM but received error message

User1919
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was in the process of purchasing the Public Mobile SIM. However, I forgot my credit card address is different from my current shipping address. When I clicked on 'Pay Now,' the payment went through, but I got the message that the ZIP code does not match the billing address. I could type in the correct address, but then clicking on 'Pay Now' would lead to another $11.30 being charged to my card.

If the payment went through, then do I take it that the SIM will be shipped? Or do I type in the correct address, pay again and ask for a refund through the moderators?

12 REPLIES 12

User1919

Truly. The CSA also replied in a timely manner and now I'll happily go to buy the SIM from the store tomorrow. Honestly, I didn't expect such quick, helpful responses. But, really good to know that it's possible should I ever need help in the future.

FlutteringBy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You had an awkward start User1919, but it shows you that this is the place to come for help!!...😊....

User1919

Did it. Now just to wait on all ends...

Thank you very much for your quick responses and suggestions. Appreciate it a lot! (Wish I hadn't gotten off to such a start).

User1919

Ok that will be more inconvenient than asking for a refund I think. Think I'll just wait to receive the order# email when the transaction is posted to my account and then go from there.

@User1919  and since you are waiting, why not message PM support and confirm as well?

you can message them with the link I posted earlier

User1919

Hmmm. The best solution seems to be to wait for now. Once the transaction is posted to my account, then I'll see if I receive an order# email.

@User1919 a chargeback on plan charge is definitely a NO NO (simply because PM is a prepaid provider).  With sim card order, I am not sure if there is the same consequences.  I would not to do it especially if you have an account with PM already and using the same email address for both the sim card order and My Account login

But if you don't have an active account with PM, maybe... 

User1919

Nope, didn't get the order number. Would it be worth it to call the bank and cancel the payment since it's still showing up as pending?

@User1919 wrote:

It's showing up as pending atm, but then it might just go through ultimately...

@User1919   Please just message PM support with your order number (assuming you got one, via email ,maybe) and have them to confirm

User1919

It's showing up as pending atm, but then it might just go through ultimately...

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@User1919 

Yes if the payment went through then the sim card will be shipped.  Hopefully to the right address that your at.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@User1919   check your credit card first and see if it was processed

And no worry, if it was processed, then open ticket with PM support and they can helkp

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

And if it was not processed, maybe consider NOT to buy from PM online.  It could take very long for them to deliver.  Better to buy from telus or koodo stores around your area , or Amazon for it's prime shipping 

Need Help? Let's chat.