cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUK code

Christinepro
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am signing up a friend. When I first started,  the test said that her phone was compatible. However, when we put the SIM card it, it said that she required a PUK pin to unlock the SIM card. Her phone is a Samsung J3. Any help is appreciated. 

7 REPLIES 7

@Christinepro 

just call Samsung they will unlock it for you.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Christinepro wrote:

Rogers said that it is Public Mobile's problem. I cannot see that.  Is there any way to get the code?

@Christinepro That's an outright lie. Rogers must give you the unlock code.

@Christinepro wrote:

Rogers said that it is Public Mobile's problem. I cannot see that.  Is there any way to get the code?

If a phone is locked to another carrier, the carrier that you can't use the phone on until it's unlocked can't help you.

If the phone is asking for "SIM Network Unlock PIN" or "SM Network Unlock PUK", Rogers would be wrong. They're responsible for giving you the code if the device is locked to them.

Christinepro
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Christinepro wrote:

I am signing up a friend. When I first started,  the test said that her phone was compatible. However, when we put the SIM card it, it said that she required a PUK pin to unlock the SIM card. Her phone is a Samsung J3. Any help is appreciated. 

@Christinepro  Try the sim in another phone if possible if it works then that phone is locked to the previous provider. Your friend needs to call tehm up and ask for an unlock code.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

They could contact Samsung to get the code.

To start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page: http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Christinepro wrote:

Usually means the phone is locked to a previous provider. Samsung can provide the unlock code or the previous Canadian provider or you pay a service to get it for you.

If the SIM security option was set up on the phone then you would need the moderators.

Need Help? Let's chat.