canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
16 REPLIES 16

@TheOldVR I won't chuck my name out there either then 😉 LOL

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@peosteve wrote:

Glad others think the same as me. 🙂

Anyway, looks like the episode is over.  Wonder if anybody got slapped on the wrist over this!

Great minds @peosteve...... Man Wink

peosteve
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Glad others think the same as me. 🙂

Anyway, looks like the episode is over.  Wonder if anybody got slapped on the wrist over this!

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yeah... this episode was funny, but kinda went sideways for PM. In fact, I think FM handled it quite well which might have given them the PR edge.

My advise... if you're going to stir things up - make a scene, don't hold back and go for blood, other wise play nice and keep everyone happy.

Also... don't throw rocks...glass house... etc. etc..

peosteve
FM was hardly mudslinging, but could have come up with a fun way to "get back" at PM, rather than crying "mommy!"

I was previously on Wind and besides not liking to have to watch my data usage (I stream music whenever I drive), the networks aren't even comparable - PM wins hands-down. Wind's network is garbage and their LTE network only works with a handful of phones at this point...

No excuse at all.  Both were having roaming issues, neither should have been mud slinging.  

Keep to to the facts, unless you're always in FM's major coverage areas, PM is going to always be the better deal, hands down.  Until Shaw can layout the money to expand their services across the country, better, and faster, rural and suburban subscribers will be better served by Public Mobile.

peosteve
Agreed to a point. There's something to be said about professional courtesy...

peosteve
Not sure how I'd respond if I was FM. Seems like PM chose a sleazy way to promote themselves. They really should have taken the high ground.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I wonder who was behind the mud slinging at each of the companies.  It doesn't look good on either party. 

ASharpTM

@peosteve wrote:
This was a completely unprofessional way of dealing with competition and makes PM look pretty desperate. Embarrassing...

Not exactly unprecendented as they've tweeted at FM customers in the past. I'm actually more baffled by FM's pathetic responses. Whoever's manning Freedom's Twitter account seems pretty butthurt about the whole situation. Makes them seem like a little kid crying to PM's mom (Telus) because PM is bullying them.

peosteve
This was a completely unprofessional way of dealing with competition and makes PM look pretty desperate. Embarrassing...

Kokanee08
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would like for Freedom to survive and do well. More competition is a good thing. As of now, Freedom is doing nothing that would make me want to join them. Other than feeling good about helping out the "little guy" (owned by billion dollar company Shaw), there is no reason to go with them.

Their 10-month "promo prices" are the last thing that I want from a company. I am already sick of Shaw internet enticing people with promo deals and then massively increasing the price afterwards. I don't want to see it in a phone company too.

dearmusic
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There's nothing to "bring it" for...

Other than the fact that FM has 6 GB unreliable data, there is no benefit in FM anymore...

Even their price sucks now...

It does make me a bit sad seeing how FM is just trying to survive in this industry while PM bashes though

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

That would have been a whole lot better if PM wasn't experiencing the same thing.  A little disappointed actually that they were out flaming others while their customers are on here with out the same service that they were promoting better then the other company.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Kokanee08
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

its always fun watching companies tweet eachother over twitter 

Need Help? Let's chat.