cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM promotions? Where are they? Freedom Mobile has a new Flash Sale this weekend.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

FM has another promotion this weekend.  It would be nice to see some new and exciting promos from PM that target both new and existing customers. 🙂

24 REPLIES 24

Shaw expanded in Soutern Ontario, outside the GTA late 2016 and completing by Aug 31 if you believe what MobileSyrup is reporting.

Problem is, and will continue to be outside of the home areas.  Shaw will not be viable for most peoplw, as their devices will not have band 66 unless ass was mentioned, they layout some serious cash for a new device.

Michael77
@kav2001c,

It's good that Shaw (FM) is not expanding their zone right now. Shaw needs to fix their network. Once fixed, then they can look at slowly expanding further. It has to be done in baby steps. 🙂

koimr1

@Michael77 wrote:
@kav2001c,

True. But there is a new owner now (Shaw). Let's give it some time and see what happens. 🙂

I don't believe their network coverage has actually expanded at all and it's been over a year now since Shaw took over.

Looking at a cell tower map it seems Shaw has a long way to go to match Bell/Telus/Rogers service even in their Home zones.

But yes - I hope they do improve as competition is always good. I also suspect that if/when they do so their prices are going to creep up as opposed to everyone else coming down. My uneducated guess, of course. 🙂

Michael77
@kav2001c,

True. But there is a new owner now (Shaw). Let's give it some time and see what happens. 🙂

@Michael77 patient lol

They had huge backers throw alot of money at the problem in the past and network is still an utter joke

Videotron launched same time around as Freedom and have done far better

@Wonder_why it's not even true LTE

The big3 (and flankers) have far better LTE, and way more phone support

If you buy a non-Freedom phone even with LTE SIM & Plan they do not even work

So all those "cheap" Freedom plans *require* a hefty hardware subsidy or a huge upfront expense (and really most of Freedom's phones are garbage anyways)

tzliu
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Had been a long-time FM subscriber, I wish FM all the best and indeed will survive.  If it is gone, we will probably kiss PM goodbye shortly after. I was on FM's $40 micracle plan - 5GB, unlmited US/Canada calls for $37.5 (after BYOD discount) before I switched to PM. I will not switch back to FM for two reasons:  coverage, reliablity.  $40 offered by FM does not equal to $40 offered by PM. In terms of coverage and quality of calls, it is apple vs organe.  

Michael77
Yes, FM has some good promotions. People will just need to be patient with their network. Good things to come in September when they get the 700Mhz and 2500Mhz spectrum.

https://www.fool.ca/2017/06/14/shaw-communications-inc-to-beef-up-freedom-mobile-its-time-to-buy/

Halfdome
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wow,  Freedom has 6gb and Canada wide for 40 a month.  What happened to the old Public mobile who use to offer fantastic deals as well.  This less for less slogan just isn't cutting it.  I haven't told anyone about Public mobile in months as the deals just aren't there anymore.   Please return to the real less for less company that you once were.  😞

deputyphil

No.  Even though I live 15 mins outside FM service area, I'd be roaming.  I'm on the former FM promo plan.  4gb/month for $38 LTE.  IMOP, can't get much better than that.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Did you try there current LTE service ?

deputyphil

Too many issues with FM with service/reception.  Travel outside of service zone and you're roaming.  It's certainly not for me.  I'll take nationwide coverage with PM.

CalvinW
It's PM, nothing is going to come to fruition. They always fire shots first but never follow through. I doubt they will respond to Freedom's promotions

torontokris

I am aware PM & Koodo is owned by Telus. My reply I guess should have stated that Koodo/Telus would loose all their customers to PM if PM had the plan the other user was suggesting (9GB canada wide $53)

Wonder_why

@torontokris wrote:

Wait @makkahn28

you are suggesting Canada-Wide 9GB LTE for $53/month... would be nice but I think that would put Koodo/Telus/Rogers almost out of business, and crash the PM sign-up big time.

Would be nice. Think the most we may get is that $42 4GB plan which is still a really good deal. And even then will have people coming over in droves.

PM, Koodo own by Telus 

Michael77

"PRO: WE HAVE ALL THE PROMOTIONS YOU’LL EVER NEED".- Just wondering where they all are? Can you please direct me to them. 🙂

"CON: IT’S HARD TO CHOOSE BETWEEN THEM."- There are only two- 3G plans. It's easy not to choose them. 🙂

Michael77

I am not sure why Koodo did not offer PM customers the Quebec plan (6gigs for $49). More people would switch over to Koodo.

torontokris

Wait @makkahn28

you are suggesting Canada-Wide 9GB LTE for $53/month... would be nice but I think that would put Koodo/Telus/Rogers almost out of business, and crash the PM sign-up big time.

Would be nice. Think the most we may get is that $42 4GB plan which is still a really good deal. And even then will have people coming over in droves.

guinness22
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Pm had great signal and no dead zones and all calls work. But maybee a 3 GB deal be on the cards next week for back to school . It will be LTE and monthly .

sportymi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Completely agree! At the end of the day, people just look at the price. Especially with all the no contract plans. I still love PM though! Smiley Very Happy

they are still doing the promo plans for 3G and 4G LTE from a month ago. But i dont think anyone is signing up if they are still around. They should probably do a "weekend" sale similar to freedom. With Sim cards being available at Wal-mart and WoW now, I dont see why they cant at least consider it

I agree.

IF they had Can-Wide+Global Txt+6GB+3GB Bonus for let's say $161 on 4G LTE, then that might suffice

Acekiller

interested to see what will come from this.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Even though FM service is still an issue which stops some people from joining them but I think PM should come back with at least some kind of answer to their promos.

Need Help? Let's chat.