cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM changes my phone number

Cris
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My ported phone number has been changed by public mobile twice  in the last 2 months without my knowledge or my permission! I have been told that the number cannot be changed back until Nov.19 (an entire month from now!!) Unacceptable!! Has anyone else had this issue? 

4 REPLIES 4

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I think I've heard this once before in this community it's very strange and unfortunate, but I beleive it can happen on any carrier in rare cases. I'm very sorry it's happened to you 😞

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Cris

Thank you for reaching out to us !

We're really sorry to hear about this. This usually occurs when the port request does not go through due to invalid information provided. If the porting department cannot get in contact with you within 30 days in order to rectify, the number on the account is changed. This may be your scenario, but we'll look into it for you!

Can you please private message me the following?

- your current PM phone number

- the number you wish to port and the account # associated.

I look forward to your reply,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

You've come to the right place @Cris! There's lots of people in the community who have insight into various issues, but it's the moderators that can actually make changes. As @Pier has already done, he tagged the moderators so that they can give attention to your issue as soon as they're in. They will request you to private message them your phone number, and having account number and the PIN you set available will also speed things up. (Just don't post that info in the public forum)

Regarding your issue, no I haven't had that happen. I've only been here a month, so maybe there are other users who have experienced your issue with changing numbers.

Pier
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Cris,

Sorry to hear that. Could you send a private messagr to @Shazia_K, @Mary_M ou @Saray_O &. One would be able to help you.

Yours,

Need Help? Let's chat.