cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM Sim Activation - Prepaid Visa Card

Jonesaria22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I have recently moved here from Australia and am trying to activate my PM sim. I only have a Canadian Mastercard debit card so was unable to use this or my Australian cards to pay. I read on one of these posts that I could purchase a prepaid Visa card from Canada Post and that would work. I have done that but am still receiving the same error message when I try to pay. I contacted the Canada Post Visa card company to update my address and have been able to confirm there is money on the card.

Can you please assist?

3 REPLIES 3

In addition to computergeek541's note: 

My friend activated with this last weekend. They entered a random but valid postal code in the according field and everything worked like a charm. (I understand that you have the Visa flavour, this is just as a data point that *some* prepaid / gift credit cards do indeed work)

Have you chosen incognito mode to activate? That usually seems to clear caching issues of the My Account portal. 

c9bcbdb8-6d1f-4d95-af46-48f250950418.jpeg

@Jonesaria22 wrote:

Hi there,

I have recently moved here from Australia and am trying to activate my PM sim. I only have a Canadian Mastercard debit card so was unable to use this or my Australian cards to pay. I read on one of these posts that I could purchase a prepaid Visa card from Canada Post and that would work. I have done that but am still receiving the same error message when I try to pay. I contacted the Canada Post Visa card company to update my address and have been able to confirm there is money on the card.

Can you please assist?

When it comes to address verification check, Public Mobile doesn't do any for credit card payments except for the psotal code part.   If all else fails, you could use the prepaid Visa to purchase Public Mobile payment vouchers.  After dong that, you would have to ask a Public Mobile customer support agent to open an account for you. Afterwards, you would get your service working by adding the funds from the voucher to your newly created Public Mobile account.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Jonesaria22 According this website, PM will accept MasterCard Debit card, not sure why you were unable to use it:

https://www.mastercard.ca/en-ca/personal/find-a-card/debit-cards/debit-accepting-merchants.html

Need Help? Let's chat.