cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged

Thor1995
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I'm paying my $57 a month but they're still taking an extra 69 out of my bank account so I'm being charged $57 plus $69 a month for a $57 service this is the second month is happen

29 REPLIES 29

@Thor1995 if you've done everything you can, call your bank and issue chargeback if you're sure you're leaving.  That's not the way to usually do it, but if you can't get Public to help, your bank will.

Thor1995

I have contacted them ample times with nothing but a run around I am on a pension and the money they stole was for my.meds because I am a cripple which I cannot afford right now and am suffering because of these people I have contacted a lawyer and he tells me it's a big company to go up against in simple terms more money which I dont have I will be changing companys when this plan is up.i have no other choice and my bank has stopped them from taking more money what gets me is when I was playing email tag  with these idiots( sorry they treated my like a lier) they proceeded to take another 69 dollars from my credit card bAnk statements dont lie right on the statement PUBLIC MOBILE this is by far in my 55 years worst company I have ever dealt with 

Thor1995

I have contacted them several times to no avail I'm just getting the runaround and each time they respond it's a different person so I have to go through the whole ordeal again and again and again and then when we were playing email tag they took another $69 from my account and they're saying they didn't and it says right on my statement public mobile July 13th I am done with this company I'll just switch users

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Thor1995, if you billing does not seem right, please contact the Moderators via private message at link below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

I hope this gets sorted out for you.

@Thor1995 If it happened to me, I would be angry too. Could you please verify that the code on both the charges on the credit card are the same. Thanks.

Thor1995

let's try this again it says right on my statement public mobile at a my account July 13th they froze it on July 10th would you be upset if someone went into your wallet and took $69 and then basically called you a liar and said it didn't happen I'll be out Beyond upset now

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Thor1995 wrote:

It is saying on my credit card statement the public mobile talk the money no one else did public mobile and as of July 13th they just took another $69 like this is Criminal this is beyond Criminal this is robbery I'm cancelling my credit card today are actually stopping Public Mobile from taking it any more money out of my account then I'm going to see with a lawyer

And I would repeat that it's likely that someone has made use of your payment card. Public Mobile doesn't go around taking peoples money. Criminals will gleefully conduct fraud all day long. I would cancel that card and change to the new one in the self-serve. I would change the self-serve password too.

Or ask Public Mobile to identify an account that is using that same payment card. Maybe they could give a first name or last 4 digits of a phone number and you can say whether you know them. Maybe a close family member has helped themselves to your payment card without permission from you.

@Thor1995  Many have asked you to post a screenshot of your payment history to no avail. My guess is that you did an immediate plan change from the $50 to the $60 plan. To verify that dial 611 from your phone and it will report when the next payment is and how much. 

If you want to change your plan back to the $50 plan go into selfserve and schedule a plan change but this time pick the option to change your plan on your next plan renewal.

If you want to cancel your plan simply remove your cc or disable Auto-Pay.

Thor1995

It is saying on my credit card statement the public mobile talk the money no one else did public mobile and as of July 13th they just took another $69 like this is Criminal this is beyond Criminal this is robbery I'm cancelling my credit card today are actually stopping Public Mobile from taking it any more money out of my account then I'm going to see with a lawyer

@Thor1995  if they're not cooperating, you have the right to contact your credit card company.  Someone could have stolen your credit card number. If you do chargeback, Public might stop accepting your card.

Thor1995

How would you like your wallet laying somewhere and someone decides to take $70 out of your wallet without your permission is that not Criminal this is what these people are doing to me and then basically call me a liar

Thor1995

Its behind what it will cost me for my lawyer  they has stolen money from me with out my consent and they are trying to say it didnt happen well guess whT my credit card must be lieing because my statement says public mobile took it. To me taking my money with out my concent is crimmal

@Thor1995 wrote:

No one used my credit card the money was taken without my consent by public mobile they have messed me around for a month with out resolving this issue today I am contacting my lawyer to see what legal action I can take

I'm not sure that's a great idea. How much will that one phone call to your lawyer cost you?  

Have you tried cotnacting CCTS?

Thor1995

No one used my credit card the money was taken without my consent by public mobile they have messed me around for a month with out resolving this issue today I am contacting my lawyer to see what legal action I can take

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Thor1995 wrote:

I would like to talk to an actual person I sent messages a number of times I am really upset that they can even take money without my permission this is almost criminal!!

I would be wondering if someone else has gained access to your credit card. Or if a family member has used your credit card to pay for their $60 plan.

What is the balance in your Available Funds?

@Thor1995 if you look at the 2 charges, do they have the same payment code? Thanks. Sorry, there isn't anyone to talk to. Everything is online here. Were you originally on the $60 plan and switched to the $50 one?

Thor1995

I would like to talk to an actual person I sent messages a number of times I am really upset that they can even take money without my permission this is almost criminal!!

@Thor1995 contact the moderators( PM customer service) and have them look into it for you.  There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Hi @Thor1995,

I understand that is concerning! 😞 

I would contact moderators via private message. Here is a link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Thor1995

I have one plan 50 dollars us tax 57.50

Thor1995

My plan is 50 dollars plus tax 57.50 a month last month they took the 57.50 then over a hundred dollars then this month they took 57.50 then another 69.00 dollars  pretty upset over this I decided to go with this company to save money !!! Not have it stolen from me and you cant even contact anybody to resolve this issue !!!@

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi, there @Thor1995 , what plan are you on?

Are you able to provide a screen shot of your transaction history (without any personal info. in it)?

@Thor1995, can you take a screenshot of your payment page (remove personal info) so we can take a look at what is going on.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Thor1995 do you have 2 plans attached to your credit card? A $50 and $60 plan And a 15% applicable tax rate ? Or switch from the 60 to the 50 plan? Thanks. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Thor1995 

What is your balance on the amount?

Can you check your payment history when you login to selfserve then go here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/Payment-History/ 

Do those charges appear in last 90 days? 

If not contact your credit card customer service and ask them for references for all charges that don't show up on your payment history and then contact moderators and ask them to revert  

What's the descriptor say on your credit card for each transaction? Thanks.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Thor1995  Go into selfserve and hit the payment history link. This will give a better idea of what PM charges you. If the additional charges are not showing up then someone else is making those charges. Talk to your cc company and dispute the charges.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

submit ticket-01.jpeg

@Thor1995 you can contact customer support here

(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Thor1995 If you are being over charged I would recommend you raise a ticket with the moderators as they can help you. There are two ways to reach them.
1. Click on the question mark in the lower right and raise a ticket with SIMon.
2. Through a private message to the moderators by using the below link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on the envelope towards the upper right for their response.

Need Help? Let's chat.