cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outage in NB?

Proj3ct
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone where it typically says Public Mobile has been saying Searching since 1pm this afternoon. Is there an outage somewhere in Atlantic Canada or is it just my phone?

6 REPLIES 6

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

SIM cards are pretty robust, I would be concerned about the phone failing as being the more likely cause.  Is the phone able to read the SIM card or does it show no SIM?  Although not mentioned, it might be worthwhile to login to the account to make sure everything is in good standing. 

Proj3ct

I’ve pretty much narrowed it down to the SIM card being bad. I’ve called a friend I know in the area with Public Mobile and his works excellent and I can’t get service with the card on another phone removing my phone from being the issue. I’m going to buy one tomorrow and test it out.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

There are a lot of wind storms out these past few days. According to the online Nova Scotia Power outage, there is total of 5 outages....which means your phone is fine, just the cell tell is out.Mother nature. You just have to wait it out. 

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Any chance you have another compatible phone you can try your SIM card in?  Or access to someone elses SIM that you can try in your phone.  Just to rule out a (unlikely) hardware problem...

Proj3ct

I’ve done both, no results.

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Proj3ct, Just in case...  Did you try to reboot your phone, or perhaps remove and reinsert your SIM card.

According to this site, Telus network seems to be functioning normally in NB.

Need Help? Let's chat.