cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracles and Mayors: How do you find all the free time to spend on the Community?

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It seems some of you are spending up to a work day's worth of time on here. Do you just pop by whenever you feel like? Or do you pop by when you have free time? (i.e. work break) Not calling out on anyone, but just curious! 🤔

4 REPLIES 4

@LeePublic 

I'm not retired but I'm not working at the moment either...I was however working for my first 8 months with public mobile and still spent a insane amount of time here but with good reason. I literally knew nothing about cell phones and technology in general. I mostly used my trusty flip phone and reluctantly would on occasion use my inherited smartphone and tablet from my late partner. I had an extremely large learning curve to overcome.

When making the choice to switch and save and convince the bf that he wouldn't notice any difference in his service other than the actual bill I had to become a regular community member. I was also sold on the "Earn rewards to lower your bill go $0 !" sales pitch. In order to do that community participation is vital to begin with and eventually refer enough friends and family to achieve a $0 bill. (My initial account took 2 months and my second took 12 months.)

More than anything though is I like to help and advocate for people. With covid-19 and 18 months combined awaiting surgery and an additional 6 months of recovery there's not a whole lot I have been able to do and as satisfying and fufilling as helping others. The social interaction doesn't hurt either! But come next spring and summer there will definitely less of these very long posts to enjoy!😃

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@LeePublic wrote:

It seems some of you are spending up to a work day's worth of time on here. Do you just pop by whenever you feel like? Or do you pop by when you have free time? (i.e. work break) Not calling out on anyone, but just curious! 🤔

@LeePublic 

It is a good question. I am sure people have different answers for this.

Even though my work is actually in front of a computer all day, my off time has a lot of "screen time" as well. It is a TAB of occasional pop in and out activity for sure.

I enjoy the PM Forum, there is no ads popping up, no news story prompts, or flashing things going on.

It can be relaxing, but YES, at the same time...minutes and hours can pass without realizing it - LOL. So, perhaps, could get a little consuming, admittingly.

Is it worth if for the $'s reward, not really; but the social and helpful aspect can feel good nonetheless.

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am retired too. Some times I find this more enjoyable than watching TV. I am trying to do more here but in less time. But new help requests pop up so the latter doesn't work well.  If you are  looking at earning a Community reward....it is not worth the time. Get a hobby and sell your wares or sell some stuff on Craigslist...is much easier to do. I plan to step up my hobby and have a couple of hundred set aside to pay my PM bill with along with referral rewards. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LeePublic : I'm retired. Well...I really should get a job. Looking up at my open tabs...I'm looking at 6 different forums I'm reading and/or participating in. It's partly social interaction. Keeping engaged. Being aware of what's going on. Particularly through this nightmare we're all sharing in. But I certainly step away on occasion to do other things.

So I flip through each one and refresh the page and follow the active conversations and decide if I have something to say. Some are not very active. This one helps me feel like I'm at least helping out. Others are hobbies and interests.

Need Help? Let's chat.