cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only 1 person can recieve my texts

ogmichaelhoe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just 6 hours ago I ported my number over from Petro Canada Mobility and only 1 person out of 8 people I've texted is able to recieve my texts. I am able to send and receive texts with that 1 person jusr fine but the other people haven't recieved my texts even though it says it its gone through and I haven't recieved their's as well. What is going on? It can't be a coverage issue because I've been texting from the same spot and I have good signal so what's going on?

6 REPLIES 6

savvy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ogmichaelhoe wrote:

I have spoken to the others using wifi apps (Whatapp, Snapchat). The Petro Canada Mobility also didn't have an account number for me so I looked at this forum and it said to use the number I was porting over as the account number. I can also call the 1 person who is able to contact me, but he cannot call me back.

Okay, so I'm not an employee of Puclic, but I was a phone tech once upon a time... It is normal during a port for you to send calls TO but not receive calls FROM the same number over a span usually of 24-72 ours. Most ports outgoing calls are done within 1 hour and incomming within 1-24 hours unless there's an issue. If there is, this will stay the same until they can verify the account/PIN/IMEI from your original service provider and fix it.

As for the texting one number, that could be a separate issue. Do check and see if that working one number is also on Telus/Koodo/Public and if so if the other numbers are not. This can be vital information for the Mods/Techs of Public in the event that your texting soc got stuck in activation or if there is something port related going on with this part too.

@ogmichaelhoe wrote:

I have spoken to the others using wifi apps (Whatapp, Snapchat). The Petro Canada Mobility also didn't have an account number for me so I looked at this forum and it said to use the number I was porting over as the account number. I can also call the 1 person who is able to contact me, but he cannot call me back.

You should call PetroCan Mobility customer service to find out what information they need for a port-out. SpeakOut has the same service model, as in no account numbers, and I was told that they need IMEI and PIN, but it's safest to check with PetroCan Mobility.

As mentioned above, contact the moderator team and include the information required in the message so that the mods can do another port request.

ogmichaelhoe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@ogmichaelhoe wrote:

Just 6 hours ago I ported my number over from Petro Canada Mobility and only 1 person out of 8 people I've texted is able to recieve my texts. I am able to send and receive texts with that 1 person jusr fine but the other people haven't recieved my texts even though it says it its gone through and I haven't recieved their's as well. What is going on? It can't be a coverage issue because I've been texting from the same spot and I have good signal so what's going on?

How do you know that they haven't received your texts? Is it just becauae you haven't received a reply? Or have you spoken to these people about it using another method?

All of the people who you texted should have recieved your messages even if the porting hasn't finished or has failed.  However, any responses by them would have been sent to your Petro Canada service.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Yep, failed port.  That one person is likely a Telus family customer.  Within the family, the number is treated as ported over.  Outside the family, the number has not.  Contact the moderator team as suggested.

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sounds like a problem with the porting process.  I would contact the Moderator Team so they can look into it.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.