cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnePlus 11 5G MMS messages

Zula
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is there anyone in the Community with a OnePlus 11 5G?

12 REPLIES 12

carrierandrew
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

There was a solution that I suggested in this thread that worked for others, maybe it will for you as well?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Re-OnePlus-11-5G-MMS-messages/m-p/1155783...

Amazz

I do and am unable to send or receive MMS.

carrierandrew

I can also confirm that I cannot send / received MMS on the OnePlus 11G. Can't say exactly when it started since I don't use MMS that often, but I noticed it a few days ago. I had updated the APN settings a while back, and it was working, at least up until mid-February (the last MMS I can confirm receiving). 

Zula

FYI to OnePlus users. It appears we cannot use our devices on PM.

Zula_0-1707175509529.png

Zula

Are you using a OnePlus 11 5G on Public Mobile? I've tried everything but a factory reset and/or rolling back from Android 14, and still cannot send or receive MMS messages. The functionality stopped working for me sometime after Saturday, January 27.

I may also try the SaskTel SIM out of my work Pixel. I suppose if that works I know I have to switch back to SaskTel...

Zula

I'm trying to connect with my fellow OnePlus 11 5G users, to see if they're having the same problem I am with being unable to send or receive MMS messages. I submitted a ticket to PM CS last week and their solution was that I should switch from this phone to one on their "supported" list.

HI @Chalupa_Batman 

I read the title , I read the body.  That was my understanding and I answered based on what I understand.  I see Oracle made similar answer too.  I guess smart people with similar thoughts

and can I not answer that because I am also using OnePlus 11 5G?  I answered because of I see the question "Is there anyone in the Community with a OnePlus 11 5G?", are you using one too?  where you got it from?

People using iPhone SE 2020 with no proper answer can skip the question, not to post because just want to participate and earn more rewards

Title - OnePlus 11 5G MMS messages

Question - Is there anyone in the Community with a OnePlus 11 5G?

Before we jump to conclusions, how about we ask what issues they are having. Just a thought.  Geesh.

HI @Chalupa_Batman 

how about you read the message including the title first?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Ha @hTideGnow ....   maybe we should ask @Zula what the issue is first? 🙂 I sure hope they didn't already reset all the networks as you suggested cause not only might not be the issue but more importantly, they would have erased all of their saved WiFi logins and passwords and also all bluetooth connected devices. 😞

Hey @Zula . I don't have a OnePlus 11 5G but a lot of folks here are pretty good at helping with problems. What issues are you having?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Zula , there has been an APN change recently affecting MMS.  This is the help article covering the updated APN settings.  Additionally, the APN type field should be populated with default,mms.  If you are creating a new APN, make sure to select it as the active APN, reboot phone.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Zula 

maybe APN issue.  Please try Reset all networks first, and check for following APN entries

APN: sp.mb.com

MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMSC proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca

MMS port: 8799

Need Help? Let's chat.