cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old number

MichaelBonner
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Months ago I ported my number from Koodo to public. My old number still shows in about phone. Okay fine. But sometimes people tell me my new number is not in service. I ignore that, but the other day my daughter told me my texts come as from a different number. That's the first I heard of that. But it seems the old number should disappear, and it hasn't. I don't know how to fix that.

15 REPLIES 15

if Reset all networks does not help, try your sim card in another phone, it should show the proper phone number there

then what you have to do is you might have to use another texting add, download Google Message

or last, you might have to Reset the phone and resetup for the correct number to show

I think I tried that

an LG velvet

Joe_G
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@MichaelBonner wrote:

Yes I got a temporary number when I first signed up with public. I ported my koodo number over as soon as they could. That went well. But the old number still shows in the settings under "about phone."

I think the confusion here is what you mean by "the old number". If by "old number" you mean the temporary number that Public Mobile gave you, and if that's the number you see in "About phone" , then that's the number you are using and the port from Koodo did not go through.

@MichaelBonner wrote:

I have an Android phone.

oh Android only.  Simply try Reset All Networks

but what model is yours? Samsung?

@MichaelBonner  First maybe try and reset network settings see if it’s straightened itself out . You will have to re input your saved wifi passwords though by trying 

iPhone?

you can first try Reset Network Settings and reboot phone

if still show the old number, go to iMessage Settings, remove the phone number, reboot phone and go back and enter the correct number

I have an Android phone.

Yes I got a temporary number when I first signed up with public. I ported my koodo number over as soon as they could. That went well. But the old number still shows in the settings under "about phone."

Sorry if I was unclear. It seems the port was very successful. And all goes well. The only place the old number appears to me is in "about phone". It has never changed there. Otherwise it goes fine. There has been the odd time when someone said your number says not in service. I just ignore that. But the other day my daughter told me,"do you have a new phone? Your text shows is coming from a different number." I never asked what number. But mostly, I would just like the number gone, and not appear in my "about phone" in the settings.

actually I don't recall how koodo ended. It seems I just got a confirmation from them and thanks for using us and goodbye

you got a new temporary number briefly before you requested porting?

And you were using iPhone? go to the iMessage settings and check if the correct number is showing up there

@MichaelBonner , I am confused here.  If you ported your number then you continue to use the old number on the new service.  Where does the new number come into play?  By chance has the number port failed?  If so, then the old service is likely still active.  

It seems to be in order. It said, I think, my new number since July 9 th. Going deeper in the only thing that's missing is an alternative number. My number works fine. Except for those two glitches I spoke about. Thanks.

slusagm
Mayor / Maire

did you ever got a text from Koodo about porting and you replied Yes within 90 mins? you need to reply that to Koodo to complete the port

it sounds like that was not done properly.  Login My account now and go to Profile page, does it show the correct phone number ?

Need Help? Let's chat.