cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh no! It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

My renewal date is two days from now - and i'm not sure if I have initiated a change to a new month plan on the renewal date. I can access my account page but it won't allow me to view my current plan or the change plan details. When I try to access my plan details I get the following message-------------

Oh no!     It looks like something went wrong, but don't panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page.

UPDATE: After several days of several tries to no avail on my MacBook ---- I tried checking my plan details on my iPhone using data and it worked and all is fine . I think I may have some sort of security setting enabled on my MacBook that seems to block parts of my PM account page. I also keep on getting security alerts that PM site may not be safe. 

7 REPLIES 7

vucliriel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Same issue here after being asked by 611 to login to 'make an update to ensure uninterrupted service' - My balance is 0, I'm on automatic payment and I have not changed anything nor do I intend to change anything in my plan - but yet I have to waste 1/2 h for nothing dealing with security barriers simply to 'login to make an update' that I do not need.

So I tried all my browsers but none would work, so after asking for a new password be sent (who remembers something one never uses), I tried from the phone and despite the fact it's 9 years old, lo and behold, it worked. What a relief!

I despise excessive security - I simply can't stand the aggravations, life is too short. I've abandoned a few services over the years because they were too much of a hassle to deal with. And since there is no customer service on public mobile, although the actual service works great, if it weren't for the good folks here who helped me when I first got here last year, I wouldn't even have been able to register for this service, and I've been using computers since before the days of DOS. If that's not an indictment on how dysfunctional 'security' is on public mobile's website, I don't know what is.

If there is a major problem in the tech sector in the past 5 to 10 years that no one has looked at, it's 'security'.  Every. Single. Hassle. has its root cause in EXCESSIVE SECURITY and the paranoia that is sold to the public. I never had any issues before security was such a thing and users enjoyed many more freedoms and were much more productive than they are today.

Just saying - thanks for not dismissing this as mere rant instead of a legitimate usability issue. As for the cryptic 611 message, NO IDEA what I'm supposed to do except to login (which I did) . No details were given. I'll post the message in search to see what I can come up with.

pelkeym
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Security can be tricky in web browsers. 

Make sure you allow cookies, and have pop-ups off for Public Mobile.

This should clear up any issues on your MacBook. 

You may have set you security at one point to block or not allow these.

Hope this helps.

I’ve had various issues on multiple devices of all browsers and operating systems.  What generally works best for me is the default browser, fully updated, of the operating system it’s on.  So, Safari on anything appl.e.. internet Explorer or Edge on Windows, and Chrome or Firefox on Android/Linux.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I Just  use Apple Safari. 

RevCo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not sure but maybe trying to clear the cookies within the browser and a reboot? Just offering some guesses. Maybe the sites security settings are outdated, I have seen that happen before on other websites. Like I said, just offering some options. Glad your able to access via other options. 

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Interesting... you could be right about the security settings.

I know that I need to use Chrome on my Windows box in order to complete purchases on PM.

ooakosiryan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@BEER wrote:

My renewal date is two days from now - and i'm not sure if I have initiated a change to a new month plan on the renewal date. I can access my account page but it won't allow me to view my current plan or the change plan details. When I try to access my plan details I get the following message-------------

Oh no!     It looks like something went wrong, but don't panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page.

UPDATE: After several days of several tries to no avail on my MacBook ---- I tried checking my plan details on my iPhone using data and it worked and all is fine . I think I may have some sort of security setting enabled on my MacBook that seems to block parts of my PM account page. I also keep on getting security alerts that PM site may not be safe. 

Hmmm sometimes different browsers have different results. Have you tried on multiple browsers on  your MacBook? Have you tried the most up-to-date version of Chrome? Have you tried Chrome on incognito mode?

There's a good chance that none of these will work, but thought I'd ask out of curiosity 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.