cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transferred not yet fully working

sinhabiswajit
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello!

I just transferred my number from another provider and activated my service with Public. I can received SMS messages but any calls go directly to the answering machine.

Should I wait longer or should a moderator give me a hand?

Many thanks,

Bisu

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@sinhabiswajit 

As long as you confirmed to the text with YES with the old SIM in your phone that you are porting over to PM.

Reboot your phone by powering off then power back on.

If you didn’t reply to the text, you will need to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you did everything as required for porting, I would wait few more hours for it to complete. If you did it today, check tomorrow morning.

If you can receive SMS on your PORTed number which now should be with PM that would mean porting progresses as expected.

Calls will be processed last.

Try calling somebody and ask them what number they see. Is it your 'old' - ported number or not?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sinhabiswajit 

If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

If still issues, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link: to request the transfer of your number over to Public Mobile.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

edit: after porting to another provider ensure to restart your phone.

I would also recommend performing a reset network settings on your device 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

The last thing to be complete with the port is incoming calls. If you just did and followed the steps laid out in the activation page and your old account was in good standing/answered yes to the text etc then it could be working pretty soon, if not within a couple hours you may want to contact a CSA and make sure you completed your port and it isn't stuck along the way somewhere

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you leave the old sim in to confirm the text within 90 minutes?

Need Help? Let's chat.