cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer

TDKxxx
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i'm looking to switch to koodo for a better deal and the counter staff said they had a bit problem to port out at their side, so I was given a temporary number and was asked to do the port-out action at home on my computer, however I did not receive the port request text message as normal, and a weird thing happened later was as an e-sim user my number with PM was disconnected for a while, so just wonder if there could be an agent from PM that can port out my phone number manually on his side.

12 REPLIES 12

TDKxxx

i've sent a private message to the cs_agent so shall just wait and see if they get to respond to me, thanks for the advice tho.

@TDKxxx   The way to contact a PM agent is using the link I gave you earlier.  This community is just customers like you so we can't help other than advise you, unfortunately, so you would need to send the customer service agents a a private message using that link.  Normally it is the new provider that initiates the port with the old provider.  

TDKxxx

it is active since I can still call out to other numbers, however, I could not receive phone calls or text messages from some of my friends using other service providers such as Virgin, Bell, etc. The phone number I was given above was for Koodo (ik the person said it's for Telus/Koodo/Public Porting Department but eventually the agents just asked me to contact Koodo, and then since Koodo could only schedule agents' callback, they either did not call me or I wouldn't be called for the PM sim card's number) . so I want to see if I can find a PM agent here online and ask them to check my porting process and see if they can override it.

TDKxxx

Yes, I never got the message 

TDKxxx

I still can login my public account and check account overview. Since first time I tried to transfer my number from public to koodo, I never got a confirmation message. The interesting thing is my koodo account is showing the number I want to transfer, but on my phone I can see this number still with my public SIM card 

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TDKxxx I've sent you the Number for the Telus/Koodo/Public Porting Department via Private Messages. 

Give them a call and see if they are able to resolve this for you.

@TDKxxx   Are you sure your home attempt was unsuccessful?  

Priority

Are you still able to sign into your Public Mobile Self Serve Account and see your Account Overview or did they already close the Public Account?

Did you ever get a Message you had to Reply 'Yes' to when you had your Public SIM in and we're with the Koodo Agent?

TDKxxx

The biggest problem is I can’t get any messages from PM SIM card 

TDKxxx

For the PM sim card in my phone, there is no service that I can use, but it still has signal. And I want to porting out to Koodo Post-Paid Plan

Priority

Does your Public SIM Still have Service with your old Number if you put it back into your device? Have you tried calling the Telus Porting Department yet?

Are you Porting out to Koodo Pre-Paid or Koodo Post-Paid Plan?

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@TDKxxx  Send a private message to customer service using this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

You'll need to watch your community inbox for the agent's reply.  I assume you still have the PM sim active in your phone to get the text message port authorization?

Need Help? Let's chat.