cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer issue

ValeriyVoytyuk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey everybody.

Today I was trying to transfer my son's number from the Virgin to my PublicMobile account. I was asked IMEI number, then got a message to confirm the transfer. As a result, my son's number is assigned to my phone and I can't receive the calls on my personal phone number, but I receive the calls on my son's phone number on my phone. My phone number is not answering at all.  Any ideas how to fix it ?

And ... general question ... are there any humans on the customer support ? I'm annoyed talking to the chat bot ... and I want to talk to actual human...

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ValeriyVoytyuk 

If you use your registered email the same as your son’s then your number will be replaced by his number. Only 1 email address/1 account…you can’t add lines to your account.

You need to contact a CS_Agent to fix this for you. Click on the Chat bubble and type in Submit a Ticket or Contact Agent but note that staff hours are 9:00am to 10:00pm EST.

@ValeriyVoytyuk 

Did you have a physical SIM card? eSIM card?

It looks like you ported your son's number to your own account/phone.  Ideally, you should have activated a new account with a new email address for a separate login/account.   You might have temporarily lost your number.  

Your situation looks complicated.  I will private message you the Telus team porting team number.  Not sure when they stop working on weekdays.  They can help with porting issues only.  You still may need customer service agent help to set up a separate account for your son though.  

slusagm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So, you didnt use a different e-mail to create a new account for your son? PM system need a unique login for each account 

your situation is a bit screwed, you need PM to help

Just open ticket with PM using the Orange Chatbot icon on the lower right. Type the question Submit ticket and select Contact Us to get to ticket open screen       

or message them using this link:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ValeriyVoytyuk  hey, little complicated mess eh?

Unfortunately Public Mobile is all online. No phone contact, you didn't know that?

Since the bot is not working too well for you, use the link below to send a private message to the customer service representative to review and assist.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.