cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number porting from Bell - 6UT1, Not in service

cgap
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can't seem to find any help, I signed up for Public this afternoon and I had to speak with a CSAgent via PM as when I created my account, I could not automatically port my number and I was not able to log in to my account. The agent provided me a temporary phone number and I had access to my account. I was told the number port would be initiated, I "left" my Bell eSim in, received my porting text, replied "YES" and after half an hour my Bell account was cancelled and no longer working, so one good sign so far.

As a note, I am porting from my Bell eSim to a new Public regular SIM.

It has been 5 hours now and no matter how many times I restart my phone, leave it off or remove the SIM card I am still assigned to my "temporary" phone number. My Bell service is cancelled according to the Bell app.

When I try calling my old number I get "6UT1 - The number you have reached is not in service" I have responded many times to the CSAgent at this point, but haven't heard back. I filled out a separate ticket as well. I ported using my Bell Account number and I've never had this happen to me before. Is there anything I can do?

4 REPLIES 4

cgap

I was DM'd a number to call @ Telus for a number porting dept. They asked for my public account number and the number that was being ported. They had a "failure" and had to re-submit the port and said it could take another 24 hours. It started working 2 hours after that. They didn't elaborate on what the failure was and now it's working well. I've never had this happen before, but there's a first for everything I guess.

@Wayworn wrote:

So it seems that you have an active PM account with a temporary number. You could  log in to your PM account page and click on the transfer phone number and follow the prompts. 

The above part isn't correct.  When there is an open number porting request, a customer cannot simply retry number porting by going into the Public Mobile self serve account.  That would result in an error message.  Hypothetically, if the number porting has actually completed (but the Public Mobile service has some other type of service issue causing it not to work properly), the same is true about trying again through self serve and a request to port a phone number to Public Mobile that is already at Public Mobile would also fail.

cgap

I appreciate the information, but I still have not heard back from anyone in my CSAgent DM thread and I was hoping to get more visibility on the issue along with experiences of other users who may have had the same issue and their potential resolution.

I need to use my number today and having ported to providers multiple times without issue in the past this has really got me stressed out thinking I may have lost my phone number. Having no response or recourse to the problem...or any understanding of why it is happening is upsetting.

@cgap wrote:

I can't seem to find any help, I signed up for Public this afternoon and I had to speak with a CSAgent via PM as when I created my account, I could not automatically port my number and I was not able to log in to my account. The agent provided me a temporary phone number and I had access to my account. I was told the number port would be initiated, I "left" my Bell eSim in, received my porting text, replied "YES" and after half an hour my Bell account was cancelled and no longer working, so one good sign so far.

As a note, I am porting from my Bell eSim to a new Public regular SIM.

It has been 5 hours now and no matter how many times I restart my phone, leave it off or remove the SIM card I am still assigned to my "temporary" phone number. My Bell service is cancelled according to the Bell app.

When I try calling my old number I get "6UT1 - The number you have reached is not in service" I have responded many times to the CSAgent at this point, but haven't heard back. I filled out a separate ticket as well. I ported using my Bell Account number and I've never had this happen to me before. Is there anything I can do?

Posting a message here in the message forum will only be seen by other customers.  You'll need to keep discussing this privately with CS_Agent. 

Need Help? Let's chat.