cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number porting failed

qxk970517
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to transfer my number couple days ago but I still can't receive calls/texts or get any mobile data. The signal was full but all service was unavailable. Need help as soon as possible!

7 REPLIES 7

@qxk970517 wrote:

Hi! Thanks for the reply. The phone number I'm transferring if from a VOIP/Landline. SO I guess I won't receive a text message etc.

Coming from a VoIP company, this type of delay is normal.  There may actually be no issue. To receive your calls, you will need to keep using your VoIP service until porting has completed.

Back to the data not working issue, that still needs to be figured out.

@qxk970517 wrote:

Hi! Thanks for the reply. I resetted the APN and seems not that problem, I guess just the number porting didn't go through. It's a VOIP/Landline, and I'll just PM them for help.

Resetting the APN settings could still be a probelm as performing that task doesn't necessarily mean that the settings are now correct. Some phones don't have the proper setting programmed into them.   As I was saying though, data not working isn't a number porting issue, so you also have something else going on.

qxk970517

Thanks! I'll submit a ticket now.

qxk970517

Hi! Thanks for the reply. I resetted the APN and seems not that problem, I guess just the number porting didn't go through. It's a VOIP/Landline, and I'll just PM them for help.

qxk970517

Hi! Thanks for the reply. The phone number I'm transferring if from a VOIP/Landline. SO I guess I won't receive a text message etc.

@qxk970517 wrote:

I tried to transfer my number couple days ago but I still can't receive calls/texts or get any mobile data. The signal was full but all service was unavailable. Need help as soon as possible!

The ability to use data is unrelated to number porting. That's like an APN device setting issue.  For that issue, you can start by comparing your device's settings to the ones in the following link:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

As for receiving calls and text messages, is the number coming from another wireless carrier or a landline/VoIP company?  If it's coming from another wireless carrier, there would have been a text message that you needed to respond to (the old carrier's SIM card would have to be in thone phone).

If your number is coming from another wirelss carrier, a couple of days is much too long, and that means that porting has failed.  You will need to get Public Mobile to look in this. To do that, you will need use the chatbot to open a ticket and ask for the help a Public Mobile customer support agent.  That's done by opening the following link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you leave the old sim in a phone and confirm the transfer text?

Call the number in this link and leave the old sim in a phone and wait for the text and reply to it.

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility-Services/Help-with-porting-my-number-from-Rogers/m-p/123686/high...

Need Help? Let's chat.