cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Porting not compete

EvaMattie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to complete the number porting and someone was supposed to reach out. Got a message on the phone that it wasn't successful, but then an email saying it was. I can send and receive phone calls but not text messages on the new phone/sim with public mobile. 

Is there any way to complete the port using an account number or pin from my previous carrier? 

8 REPLIES 8

EvaMattie

I was prepared to call, but earlier this morning I got a text confirming the port finally, and was able to login. I'm assuming that Public Mobile wasn't anticipating such a high response from their Black Friday Promotion. Seems to be good now. Calls incoming and outgoing as well as texts incoming and outgoing are working with the ported number. 

Ssssai

For my case, had to resubmit a porting request (either through ticketing system or asking one of the agents who have PM you) and then call the previous carrier service (in my case I got an email about the porting request but no text message, which had a number to call regarding porting out from the previous carrier) call that number and ask then to authorize the porting out request to public mobile. Let them know that you cannot receive the text message hence the call being made and they should be able to do the porting out without a text answer. Be sure to call within the time limit (usually within 80-90mins, just as if you were to answer "yes" to the text). 

SukC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I need this porting team number too. 

I have the exacty same issue for 2 days.

still no one can guide me to solve this problem. 
really bad experience as a new Public customer. 

SukC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the exacty same issue for 2 days.

still no one can guide me to solve this problem. 
really bad experience as a new Public customer. 

Bhavvi

I have the same issue. I can't receive calls currently but outgoing calls and data are active. Inorder to login it now asks for a pin sent to my phone number but I have no way of receiving that

EvaMattie

Same thing. Tried calling the number @Chalupa_Batman PM me but they must be really busy. Will try again tomorrow or Monday. 

Ssssai

Ported from Virgin Mobile last week using the eSim option but has not been able to receive the text message for the eversafe code:

"We've noticed you have an active Public Mobile service and would like to confirm your full access."

however the number cannot receive text from EverSafe for the 6 digit code to "confirm for full access" 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @EvaMattie 

Take a look at the top right corner mailbox. I'll send you the porting team number.

Need Help? Let's chat.