cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Port

Puro237815
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

New activation and trying to port my number. I've sent a msg to mod team but haven't heard anything. Anyway to check on the status?

13 REPLIES 13

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Puro237815 wrote:

Everything is now working as expected

@Puro237815 wonderful news--welcome to Public Mobile! 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Puro237815

Everything is now working as expected

srlawren

@Puro237815 wrote:

Yes I have. I am coming From koodo pre paid

@Puro237815 then you are correct that you unfortuantely require the moderators to perform the port for you.  To answer your original question, no there's no way to check the status.  Unfortunately, your timing is terrible as this week the moderators have been absolutely swamped dealing with a bunch of issues introduced with a software release over the weekend that is causing issues with renewals, activations, plan changes, basically you name it.  Right now they are very backlogged, so please try to be patient as it's going to be a while before they get back to you.  They do handle requests first come first serve, and if you've already sent them a private message, there's no need to send any further until you've heard back (and doing so would actually make the situation worse).  Thanks for your patience!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@popping wrote:

Correct, from Koodo prepaid only. 

Interesting.  I wondering why!!!

BTW, I learn something today.

@popping simple--Koodo prepaid accounts and all of Public mobile share a back-end system.  This causes havoc when the system tries to process a port request where it is both the source and the destination of the port. 

This doesn't affect Koodo post-paid accounts, as they are on a totally separate sytem.

Puro237815

@will13am wrote:

@Puro237815, have you actually tried to complete the number port yourself or are you asking the moderator team to do it for you.  This service is sort of like buying cafeteria food, it is primary self serve.  The moderator team is there to assist when you run into problems.

Yes I have. I am coming From koodo pre paid

popping

@will13am wrote:

@Puro237815 wrote:

@popping wrote:

@Puro237815

You don't need to send private message moderator team to port number to PM.

It can be done online after logging in your self serve account.

Plan and Add-Ons  -->  Phone number change  -> select "Transfer a wireless or wireline number from Public Mobile or another provider"

I read that coming from koodo that I had too msg them

Interesting.  I wondering why!!!

BTW, I learn something today.

@Puro237815 wrote:

@popping wrote:

@Puro237815

Plan and Add-Ons  -->  Phone number change  -> select "Transfer a wireless or wireline number from Public Mobile or another provider"

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Puro237815, have you actually tried to complete the number port yourself or are you asking the moderator team to do it for you.  This service is sort of like buying cafeteria food, it is primary self serve.  The moderator team is there to assist when you run into problems.

popping

@Puro237815 wrote:

@popping wrote:

@Puro237815

Moderator is busy for the last few days.  You may have couple days wait before getting a reply from moderator.

I port my number from Cityfone to PM online using the following online function last Friday night around 10 pm and my number was fully ported in 30 minutes.

wmleung

Was told that it would take 20 minutes upto 48 hours.  Although in most cases it would be within an hour or 2.

Good luck.

Puro237815

@popping wrote:

@Puro237815

popping

@Puro237815

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Puro237815 wrote:

New activation and trying to port my number. I've sent a msg to mod team but haven't heard anything. Anyway to check on the status?

Not that I know of. In my limited experience porting two numbers (one from Rogers, one from Fido), the process took about an hour. I've heard Chatr customers say it took closer to 24 hours. Not sure about other providers.

Also note that there have been some technical issues at Public Mobile this week, so 1) may take longer than normal for your number to port, and b) may take longer than normal for the mod team to reply.

Need Help? Let's chat.