cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now that the promo is over, how many people did you manage to convince to switch?

bryanbreguet
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Also, how many people refused? And for what reason(s)?

Personally, I convinced my gf to switch from Virgin ($41 with 1GB) to PM (that was of course before Virgin decided to match).

I didn't try to convince her parents cause the lack of customer service would scare them (and looking at all the horror stories at the end, I'm glad I didn't!).

So, how about you? Were you good little PM soldiers out there? Do you have people you know you decided to stay with the big 3 and keep paying $80 and more?

15 REPLIES 15

jdodd1079
Between my husband and myself, we're saving $100/MTV with this switch. I'm recommending it to everyone!

theoc198

3 phone lines including mine from within my family. At least 5 of my friends also switched though. I didn't have to convince anyone and most of them found out about the plan at the same time as me. 

clavije

hi i'm new to PM with the new owners , previously i was with PM for a year

, i sign , my kid  and my wife, the way that i see it my kid is getting a line for free (she is only 10 but still youtube and pokiman go take a lot data) i'm happy i encounter a few problems with my first phone , but i solved inmediatelly just using trial and error, the the other two went like a flash no problems , in my first i encounter a bug when i tried to pick the last 4 numbers , it give me a number but it when in a loop and after i got a error msg

Titanmowgli
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@canucks4life, I've not seen any print advertising in Ontario.  Just a few social media / tech articles mentioning PublMobile.  So I don't think your lack of advertising in BC is any different than the rest of Canada.

I found the WhistleOut website (.ca I think), and they compared 30 day plans to from PM to the big 3 and mid 3.  But never could see a 90 day plan listed there.

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I referred 24 since the promo began.  All friends and coworkers. 

W0507636
I believe 5 plus myself, and I have one more family member that will come in the new year, I'll still advocate for PM. Just need PM to hook me up with a couple more free Sims. I am sure glad I received 2 from one of their promos as I purchased 4 Sim cards.

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Was pretty tough sleding here was able to get two referrals just before promo ended and was advocating PM since I ported from Wind Nov 1st with no issues...might of been able to get a couple more if it wasn't for SIM inventory.

They're marketing/awareness is pretty much non-existent here on the west coast I know the deal was mentioned on RFD however seems to me most people are from Ontario.

doucanada

I didn't convert anyone but I did convert my two lines to PM, I told a couple of friends about it today and they were interested, wish I had told them when I learned about the promo.  

WhoSucks

I think I was on that same koodo plan, but i switched to wind for 3 months, hated it and switched to PM a year ago and haven't looked back! 

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Convinced my entire family (4 people) and a friend to switch over, after switching over myself and testing the waters. Only 1/5 experienced a porting issue. One of my brothers was on a 1 GB plan for $50 at Koodo. I, myself, was on a grandfathered 200 MB data plan on Koodo for $30, so this PM deal is a steal.

But glad to know that we are all getting the most bang for our buck.

zhuyyu

I convinced my wife, used to pay Bell 60$ a month. Great Deal.

In all honesty, I was recommending people come to Public Mobile BEFORE I activated.  I was waiting to pay off my WindTab, and the waiting was eating away at my wallet.  So I took the plunge.

Public Mobile's advertising and marketing does show up anywhere near as much as the others, so generally those I recommend don't bother, but a few have.

hslee1210
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I didn't know about PM (even didn't know PM existed) that I didn't want to convince anyone.

I am one of the lucky ones that didn't have any issue with porting.

In terms of service, I don't feel much difference compared to my previous service provider, Virgin.

Except for customer service part, I would love to recommend PM to others. When I ported, it took ~3 minutes to complete porting. No issue found.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I am new on this promo but switched over my wife and I from Rogers and my sister in law from Koodo.  But I will be pushing it a bit when people are asking and teh next time a promo runs I will say get in early as thei issues seemed to ahve increased as the promo went on as it got busier and busier

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.