cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giving PM a chance

In4Lb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All,

Despite reading about some of the ongoing frustrations expressed by some, personally experiencing lack of response to help requests, referral credit issues for my referrer and myself, and lower metrics on speed tests, I am willing to give PM a shot and wait a "bit longer" for resolutions. In the meantime, does anyone know if I port in a # before receiving my referral credits, will it cause the PM system problems in terms of creditting me the rewards? I am currently using a temporary PM #. - Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

@SD08 this is more a sign of the system falling apart than anything else

I know Koodo is also very good for referal + number changes also

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks for the clarification.

My comment was based on multiple reports in the Red Flag Deals PM thread that many customers received the following message when a referral ported their number in:

"Public Mobile here. So sorry, your Refer a Friend reward will be less on your next payment as one of your friends has left us. See the details in Self Serve."  Of course, they don't actually lose the credits, despite the message.

@SD08 there is no issue whatsoever with number changes by either person

If there was an issue it is a one off technical glitch

When you port in your MDN your MSID always remains the same anyways

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I don't see why there would be an issue.  There may have been some glitches.  I did a referral yesterday and we created a new number used mine as referrer then we ported in her old number and her old number is showing under my referrals

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

No, I have only heard of referral credits disappearing from your account if someone else you've referred has ported their number in.  Even these will be restored.

Need Help? Let's chat.