cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification Error

Ionut
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did somebody notice or have this issue as i do ? 

For some reason whenever i recieve a mail from Pm community and i try to access the notification button into my account i get an error.

"You don't have any notifications. Try posting a new topic or question to see some activity here."

Any ideea what's going on?

Note to take in consideration: Logged In/Out ,Cleared Cache, Flushed DNS,  Tried other Browsers, Proxy Annonymus. 

Sincerely Ionut 

17 REPLIES 17

Ionut
@Korth actually is very related. I've tried to ping both node pf PM. Many time when a node of Failover cluster or NLB fail and redundancy kicks in it might lose functionality if not set properly. And i pinges and "dig" both servers to see if by chance one of nodes failed

Sounds like you're a Network Administrator, @KorthRobot LOL

By the way everyone else, I was able to see my notifications this morning with no glitches.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

All is fine on my end.

lol, Public Mobile webservers undergoing scheduled system maintenance.  Some or all of the PM websites can intermittently malfunction until this maintenance is complete (and fully debugged, lol).

We only see the front-end of the website, everything (ideally) working seamlessly together on what is functionally a "single" webpage.  We don't see the back-end of the website, running off a number of different webservers which are each dedicated to different tasks.  All servers must be online, running fully intercompatible software, and be able to intercommunicate properly - if any one of them is taken down for maintenance then hand-offs fail, faults can appear, and normal service can be interrupted with all sorts of strange (but generally irrelevant) errors.

A single server could actually be a number of physically discrete computers logically linked together, while a single physical computer could actually be partitioned into a number of logically discrete servers.  Advanced server architectures can even continuously self-reconfigure or self-optimize scalar server resources (to minimize server operating costs) as needs fluctuate from moment to moment.

Networking metrics (along with tools for pinging, mapping, and hacking) don't in themselves indicate anything useful to most users while sites undergo maintenance.  Chances are this "scheduled maintenance" is the installation of new or upgraded software components, and that it will be staged (alongside access-lockout and backup phases) to minimize disruptions to service, damage to data, and vulnerability to hackers.  So pinging off public domain shortcuts or IPs won't provide any secret information at all, it won't reveal anything about Public Mobile's internal web machinery that Public Mobile's web people don't want revealed - assuming they've done their jobs correctly, lol.

(All that being said, if Public Mobile gets targeted by hacking attacks, It Wasn't Me!)

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JaK ditto

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

JaK

Not resolved for me, I'm getting nothing... 😞

srlawren

@daredogg wrote:

I notice the address changes from community.publicmobile.ca to productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca. 

Interesting, I'm quite sure I always use productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca to access the site.  And when I hover over the "Community" button at the top of all pages, the link is always to productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

imm1304

Looks like this is resolved.  I am seeing all notifications again.  

Ionut
@Shazia_K yey. Good to know that someone love us up there and take care of our issue. Thanks Shazia 🙂

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey guys, 

Thank you for flagging this to us, I am also facing the same issue Smiley Mad

I will be forwarding this further 🙂 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Earlier today, if there was a blue number beside notifcations, I could see them, but if the number was 0, like you mentioned @JaK, I'd see the message @Ionut mentioned. Now, my number doesn't go up... it's always at 0, and I only get the message:

Screen Shot 2016-10-24 at 3.56.20 PM.png

So, who from PM should be contacted when there's glitch of technical nature?! 

Ionut

You know what's funny. :)) If ping Publicmobile.ca  or Nslookup won't work. If ping productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca or Nslookup Work.

Also both of PM servers are working.

dns01.lidc.telus.com

dns02.lidc.telus.com

Anyway we will see what's going on:P maybe a small glitch.

Also as @daredogg specify the namespace has changed. From Community to Production

JaK

Hi @daredogg, the "Notifications" link on the website (top right side on Community page, under your sign in name) so the feed I was talking about, when I click on it all my notifications are gone and I get the message @Ionut indicated.

Interesting thing is that when new notifications do come in, the number beside the link increases as normal, but I can't see them when I follow the link, and when I come back the number is reset to 0 (as would be normal if I could see them).

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

I notice the address changes from community.publicmobile.ca to productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca. I wonder if that has something to do with it, because I've also had my notifications disappear and reloading and force-reloading doesn't bring them back. What's strange is if I click on the "notifications" link on the website, it works, showing the new ones plus the ones I've already seen.

imm1304

UPDATE:  Now my notifications have gone blank as well.  Thats 3 of us so far.  

JaK

Hi @Ionut, you are not alone, I have the same blank notification field issue, (started about an hour ago). 😞

imm1304

Hi @Ionut, this sounds like an isolated bug.  My notifications are working as they should, just verified right now.  Lets see if others are experiencing it as well.  

Give it a day and see if this resolves.  Or get a moderator to report the bug since you are inconvenienced by it.  

Need Help? Let's chat.