cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing working

Chefchrissava
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello friends,

How can I get assistance with this provider? 

I can send texts sometimes but nothing else works so far and its been 4 days since the activation...

5 REPLIES 5

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Chefchrissava wrote:

Hello friends,

I can send texts sometimes but nothing else works so far and its been 4 days since the activation...

@Chefchrissava  4 days is a long time Smiley Sad Did you transfer your number from another provider when you signed up? If yes, it appears that the port is stuck and you need to notify Public Mobile to help you with that. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Chefchrissava wrote:

Hello friends,

Assistance with Public Mobile is initially supplied the Community Forum members, then on to moderators if everything else fails.

So lets start at beginning. What is wrong, what have you tried already ? Did you port ypour number from a previous cell provider..which one ?Please keep us informed on how you make out so we can all learn

Good luck.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Chefchrissava Can you eleborate on what your plan is? and what is "nothing else works so far"?

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Chefchrissava If you porting your old number, normally it will take 2 days for cellular carrier. You will get a text message from PM to notify you that porting is completed.

Have you tried calling out to anyone?

Data: You have to set your APN. Here is the link of the information: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles?q=apn

Follow the steps according to the type of your phone. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Chefchrissava wrote:

Hello friends,

Is your account status active?

If yes, try the lost/stolen phone trick to re-provision your plan feature again,

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should send a private message to moderator for help. But the wait is up to 48 hours. Good luck.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.