cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not too complicated?

Leaving
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Maybe not to you? 🙂

Edit:  I was on the $40 plan but it appears on my account as expired. 

Honestly:  I need to reduce my bill.  Public Mobile was pretty good but I tried Freedom and signal isn't as good but only in certain places.

Anyway, I am looking at returning or going with PC Mobile.   PC Mobile has 2.5gb data total and unlimited text/calls. 

I need unlimited calls because of the few times I need call minutes, I am on hold.

I need some data because I don't have a computer yet. In 8 months, I might be able to change to a cheaper plan with less data but rn, I need whatever I can get for $25 or less.

My self-serve account showed a message that I have to make a payment.  I am confused.  I need to pay $3 (shows I owe $3)?  I am hoping to add the 5gb data and was wondering if there's a 3gb data promo too that I can add to that?

I generally use just under 2gb a month but I am gonna try to use less.

I am wondering if the $25 plus taxes - Autopay = $28.25 - $2 = $26.25 total CC bill??

Or did I calculate something incorrectly?

I also have the SIM card I had before but I don't know if I can reuse it. IIRC, some ppl said yes, others said no.

My old or previous phone # still shows on my account but I don't know if I can use it again.  I wasn't able to port it.  How do I know if PM gave it out?

Thanks for any help.

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is kind of the problem with switching all around all over the place all the time. I gather people do this chasing after every little buck as they can. I find that to be too much hassle if I'm reasonably satisfied with where I am. But that's just me.

You have an account that is currently suspended. You could choose to reawaken it and use the SIM and number attached to it. You could choose to change the plan on it if you like. But how did you get that 5GB? Does the 4.5 + .5 show as 5GB? Dunno. Was it from a long past promo that you had and you never touched it? You would keep the gift 1GB though. You might even be able to pick up this past Xmas gift...not sure. But hurry.

So then you're entertaining the current promos. You can always activate new accounts and make use of new promos. You would need a new SIM and a different email address and the phone number would need to be different. Unless you want to go to the whole extra cost of porting out and then porting that number back in to your new account.

@Leaving 

Since you did not port your number, and you're still within the 90-day period before complete cancellation, if you top up your account to the $25 plan you want, you may or may not retain the 5 GB bonus you had on your account.

The terms and the conditions of the original promotion suggested you may lose bonus add if you switch plans so hard to say if that will apply. 

It wouldn't hurt for one cycle to just reactivate on the $25 plan and see what happens.

Leaving

The email for the 5gb was on Jan. 6. I don't know if I activated it but I thought I did.

The confusion is because the $40 plan is 4.5gb plus 500mb or .5 gb.

Can I get (have?) the 5gb offer and move to the $25 plan?

Leaving

It looks like I have 6gb to use up and $3 I can use towards a payment?

I want to know if all that applies if I switch to the $25 plan, though.

I have until February 14 to activate my account?

Leaving

Your plan expired on Nov 16, 2020
Top up before Feb 14, 2021 or your account will be deactivated.
• Current Balance: $3.00
• Amount Due: $37.00

• My Data & Add-Ons

• If a feature is not listed below, it may have been fully consumed and no longer available for use.

• Data & Add-OnsAmount Used

• $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on

• 0  /  1024 MB

• 5GB at 3G Speed

• 0  /  5120 MB

Leaving

I didn't port the number.  Freedom gave me a new number. I did it this way as I was just trying out their service.

As soon as the free 5GB offer came up, I entered my email address.  I wasn't using PM at the time, though.

Someone with PM said they could get me a 3GB one-time promo.  I thought if I could "piggyback" the 5gb + 3gb, that would make the 1gb $25 plan easier to use.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Leaving 

My advice to you would be simple and straightforward, and not too complicated, I hope.  

[ EDIT:  Much of my response presumes you ported your number out of Public Mobile and are using it with Freedom mobile.   If that's not the case, follow @Anonymous  & @hairbag1 advice ]

First I'll start off by saying that $3.00 balance is likely in your Available Funds.  You can't "owe" anything to Public Mobile as it's a pre-paid service.   Consider that $3.00 gone if you ported your number out of Public Mobile.   Also, there are no current promotions for free data that you can pre-register for at the moment.

Before you do ANYTHING else, decide exactly which carrier and which plan you want to stay on, or activate with, for at least the next several months.

If you had ported your Public Mobile number to Freedom, and wish to retain that number DO NOT close the Freedom account until after your next choice of porting is complete.

If you're gonna come back to Public Mobile, you'll need a new SIM and different e-mail address to activate.  If (when) you return to Public Mobile, check out the Announcements section for current promotion offers before returning.  Also make sure to use a friends or family referral code to receive a $10 credit within 1st month.

If you're gonna move to PC Mobile, best to consult with them what you'll need.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're able to log in to a self-serve account then that means it hasn't been deactivated and that it would seem you didn't port your number out.

You can check the SIM card # under Change SIM and compare it to your physical SIM you have. If they're the same then maybe you can re-use it.

Toll free numbers don't consume minutes if those are the calls you're on hold for.

You can only get the 5GB data if you've followed all the terms of the promo. I think it's over now though unless you submitted an email address earlier.

Taxes are charged on the payment method. So the $25 plan with autopay enabled comes to $23 then taxes on that.

Check that critical date at the top. That's when your account will deactivate fully.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Leaving...

if you can still log in to your account...find Change Plans and select the plan you want from the menu. Make sure you have $$$ in Available Funds for the new plan. The old sim will still work if you're account is still active.

The $25 plan ($23 + taxes with Autopay) has 1Gb of data with talk/text.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Leaving...

when was the last renewal expiry date ? You have 89 days to renew an old number...at day 90, the old account is closed for good and number is lost.

You'd need a new sim and a different email address to start a new account.

Need Help? Let's chat.