cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not registered on network

Smanjari30
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently bought a Samsung A71, open box (online) , sold by Best buy (not any 3rd party), it worked fine for first couple of days and suddenly message coming as not registered on network. Checked with best buy and was advised need to check with provider. I am not sure hw to go ahead and totally lost. Hope someone could help me.. Thanks in advance.

17 REPLIES 17

@Smanjari30 

You might want to look at the new Samsung A52 with the refund you got.

@Smanjari30 wrote:

Yes, finally Best buy refunded me the full amount, they had no idea why it happened , they were saying that when it was shipped from the warehouse, it was unlocked and fully functional.

The only other reason one of the manager pointed out was , some body trying to make a fraudulent claim by messing with the IMEI #

Thank u all for the support 😌

@Smanjari30 nice to hear that you got refunded.  Good thing you came to the forums as Public Mobile has an amazing community of fellow customers who are very knowledgeable and ready to help.

Have a nice day

RosieR

fellow customer

Smanjari30

Yes they did refund 🙂

Smanjari30

Yes, finally Best buy refunded me the full amount, they had no idea why it happened , they were saying that when it was shipped from the warehouse, it was unlocked and fully functional.

The only other reason one of the manager pointed out was , some body trying to make a fraudulent claim by messing with the IMEI #

Thank u all for the support 😌

@Smanjari30  If Bestbuy is still being obstinate tomorrow, contact your credit card company to dispute the charge.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Smanjari30...

.(clipped this from their website)...

Do Geek Squad Certified Open Box products come with a warranty?

All Geek Squad Certified Open Box products come with full warranties, whether it's provided by the manufacturer or Geek Squad. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Smanjari30 : There may be methods to change the IMEI. There may be methods to unblacklist it.

But why go to the bother? The phone is new to you. If it was actually from BestBuy then they should be able to replace it. Then check the new IMEI of course. If it was from a seller on their site then that seller should and if no satisfaction there then escalate it up to BestBuy.

But I suppose doing all that is also a bother. BestBuy should be able make you whole. They're not a mom&pop shop.

@Smanjari30 wrote:

It clearly shows sold and shipped by Best Buy.. i will talk to them again and keep u posted.

thanks for your reply

@Smanjari30 

There is NO WAY you should lose out in this case.   If the online customer service won't refund or exchange, escalate it within Best Buy's corporate.

Request the formal escalation process - they will (eventually) advise you how to escalate a concern and when they find out you're serious about doing so, they'll make it right.

Smanjari30

It clearly shows sold and shipped by Best Buy.. i will talk to them again and keep u posted.

thanks for your reply

That's good advice, @BKNS27 , re the box IMEI vs device IMEI.

Possible seller didn't cross-reference what's on the box to actual device therein.

Yup, i figured it was, @Smanjari30 , i just didn't want to explicitly state that on my initial reply.

This is ALL ON BEST BUY to assist you with, if in fact it was a Best Buy product and not some seller using a reference to Best Buy within the ad. (which i really hope is not the case...)

@Smanjari30 

If the phone is blacklisted then Bestbuy sold you a stolen open box phone...bring it in for a refund.

Also check to see if the IMEI # on the box is the same as on the phone. The phone may have been swapped off of the box at one time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Smanjari30 : No! This is all on the seller. That IMEI has been blacklisted somewhere along the way. It is dead in Canada. Get your money back or an exchange. This is not on the provider.

Smanjari30

thank u , tried it but no luck

Smanjari30

I checked on that site it is showing as black listed... called Best buy and they told to contact Samsung which I did and they are telling to contact the provider .

I did the steps you said but still not working. I did factory reset, network reset but still the same.. the sim card works in my old phone 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Smanjari30 

Check to see if the Samsung software is up to date by going into settings>software update>download & install>check to see if it is the latest version.

If it is the latest version then power off the phone, check to see if the SIM is seated in the tray and wait couple of minutes then power up the phone.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Smanjari30 

Use the following tool to ensure the device was not reported lost/stolen, thus blacklisted:

Complete instructions on how to do this are included in the link below:

Check the Status of Your Device in Canada - DeviceCheck.ca

If it WAS added to the list, I'd be bringing up the issue with Best Buy for having sold a device which was not sold with a 'clean' history.

Alternatively, you may wish to remove the SIM card, gently clean the contacts, then reinsert it carefully into the SIM slot on the device, making sure it slides in firmly and is not loose.   It's possible your SIM contacts are not making necessary contact with the phone's contacts.

Need Help? Let's chat.