cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not recieving text from one number

Potatoface
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I am not recieving text from one particularly person at the time they send the message and then will get a ton of there message at once later. We are both public member and I dont have this problem with anyone else. Or all the time with this one.

Hopefully someone can help!

4 REPLIES 4

Clock
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If one of you have an iOS device, you might want to turn off iMessage to see if this solves the problem, as iMessage requires data in order to be used

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Potatoface wrote:

Hi, I am not recieving text from one particularly person at the time they send the message and then will get a ton of there message at once later. We are both public member and I dont have this problem with anyone else. Or all the time with this one.

Look in spam and blocked and archived folders.  If messages are there, tap the up arrow to move the thread back to the regular text inbox.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Potatoface 

Try clearing your messaging app's cache.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Potatoface wrote:

@Potatoface   - can you receive calls from this person? If not, check they are not blocked in your contact list.

EDIT - stricked out above...it wouldn't be this, since the texts flood in later.

Or, if either are android users, try having that feature turned off.

Disable your Chat Features: 

1. Open Messages
  2. Tap More options > Settings > Chat features
  3. Turn Enable chat features off
Need Help? Let's chat.