cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving verification code

onkar1984
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

HI there,

I activated my new PM SIM card with new number but I'm not receiving any verification code from WhatsApp or chapchat. I'm trying from last days.

Thanks in advance guys 

9 REPLIES 9

@softech wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

Does Whatsapp have the option from them to call you and read the code out verbally?

Whatsapp has that option, I used that before to activate it on my current phone.. .. but OP said  "tried the call feature on WhatsApp but can't ".. not sure why .

I didn't read that as being part the discussion about verification, but rather with the inability to make or receive Whatsapp calls.  In any event, there shouldn't be anything unique causing the voice call from coming in that provides the code as that would be a regular phone call (not a Whatsapp call).

@computergeek541 wrote:

Does Whatsapp have the option from them to call you and read the code out verbally?

Whatsapp has that option, I used that before to activate it on my current phone.. .. but OP said  "tried the call feature on WhatsApp but can't ".. not sure why .

@HALIMACS wrote:

@onkar1984 

It can take some time for these notifications to occur.

Give it a few days and things should start functioning as they should.

Make sure the service provider has your new/updated phone information and within a week, they should start routing to your new number.

To my knowledge, there shouldn't be any delay for these types of text messages to be working/received when a customer takes a new phone number as in the case here.  

@onkar1984 

The difficultiy with this type of situation is how the issue could eithe be at the Whatsapp end or at the Public Mobile and it can be difficult to determine which it is.  Does Whatsapp have the option from them to call you and read the code out verbally?

onkar1984

Yah I can receive from other mobiles

its new service 

tried the call feature on WhatsApp but can't 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@onkar1984   It might sound unrelated, but this is sometime missed and may cause your issue.

Make sure your Google Play Service is allowed to send SMS and make calls.  

Go through your System App list and check the permission for Google Play Service and make the change accordingly

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@onkar1984  at least for Whatsapp, it can call you with the code instead of via sms

are you friends able to send you sms and you can receive without problem?

and you said you picked new number and not ported old number, right?

onkar1984

I'm have been trying from last two days

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@onkar1984 wrote:

HI there,

I activated my new PM SIM card with new number but I'm not receiving any verification code from WhatsApp or chapchat. I'm trying from last days.

Thanks in advance guys 

@onkar1984 

How many days have you been trying?

See a related thread about verification codes with recent activations: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Can-t-get-verification-code-to-my-...

You could also try to uninstall these apps, then reinstall them. Reboot your phone.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@onkar1984 

It can take some time for these notifications to occur.

Give it a few days and things should start functioning as they should.

Make sure the service provider has your new/updated phone information and within a week, they should start routing to your new number.

Need Help? Let's chat.