cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving confirmation texts after transferring number

Craftis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello @CS_Agent

I started with public mobile this month and transferred my number from rogers and I have not been able to receive verification text messages or calls from any website since the switch e. This is a serious issue as it is preventing me from access my online banking and I have not been able to resolve it and I receive 404 errors when I try to submit a new ticket.  Iswitched to a public mobile e sim and briefly was using dual sims to make the transfer. I am still able to call and text my contacts. 

4 REPLIES 4

@Craftis wrote:

Thank you for your reply. However, I have been with Public Mobile for more than a month now, so this does not resolve my issue. 

@Craftis  If this is not a stuck port, perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings. Sometimes this can help with finicky device things. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings, and connected Bluetooth devices that you've used before.

Iphone: To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode. Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android: Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

EDIT, can you try your sim into another device to see if 2FAs come in ?

notWOrking2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Check your Rogers account. If you still see your account active, it means that the number has not been fully ported. Public Mobile data, call, and text may still work even if the porting is not fully done. I just had the same issue. If your Rogers account is still active, you will need to insert the old sim card and have CS send you a port confirmation email in which you need to reply yes within 90 mins. I did this, and I now receive the confirmation texts. Give CS_Agent a private message. They are usually quite fast in responding. 

Craftis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for your reply. However, I have been with Public Mobile for more than a month now, so this does not resolve my issue. 

@Craftis wrote:

I started with public mobile this month and transferred my number from rogers and I have not been able to receive verification text messages or calls from any website since the switch e. This is a serious issue as it is preventing me from access my online banking and I have not been able to resolve it and I receive 404 errors when I try to submit a new ticket.  Iswitched to a public mobile e sim and briefly was using dual sims to make the transfer. I am still able to call and text my contacts. 

There can be a delay in allowing after porting a number in for 2FA codes to start working. My understanding is of this fixing itself after about a week.

Need Help? Let's chat.