cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving MMS from Bell Subscriber

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi,

I seem unable to receive MMS messages from Bell subscribers.  I receive MMS from PM subscribers and even from VoiP subscribers (Text Now supports MMS) with no issues.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

Neil

8 REPLIES 8

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Thank you for the update @neilselden, glad to hear it!

Cheers 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

neilselden

Hi,

A SIM reset fixed the problem.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Cheers,

Neil

Couple more ideas:

a) have a Bell subscriber send you a regular SMS, reply, and have them reply to you with picture msg,

b) ask your Bell subscriber to reduce the size of their attachment.

Definitely odd behaviour but since it you say it's one Bell subscriber perhaps their phone settings are off.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Weird, I can send and receive MMS from Bell subscribers no problem.

neilselden

I ported in a number from Wind Mobile whenI joined Public Mobile back in October 2016.  I just recently realized I could not receive MMS from a Bell subscriber.

However, as recently as feb 15th 2017, i was able to receive MMS from the same Bell subscriber!

I'll do a SIM removal/re-insert and see if that helps.  If not, I'll get in touch with a mod.

Thanks,

Neil

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

did you port in from a company? when? wich one?  do you get mms from virgin (same network as bell)?, rogers fido or virgin? telus of koodo?

You will probably need help ffom a mod, but they will likley ask the same troublesoting questions.

neilselden

Hi,

Nope - I have not contacted the moderators yet. I want to be sure I'm experiencing a real problem (i.e., as opposed to an issue we all are facing with Bell MMS), before reaching out to the mods.

Cheers,

Neil

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

who cares, bell sucks anyways!

Just kidding, super weird, did you message the mods?

Need Help? Let's chat.