cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving 2FA emails.

James277
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Lost my phone's SIM card while on vacation in Europe while trying to put in a Euro SIM. Now I have a new SIM card, but my old account is still active. We have the right email for the old number, and we want the old number back because it was a good phone number and easy to remember. Everytime we try log in with the account however the 2FA code just won't appear. We don't know why. The emails can still receive emails, but we just can't seem to get the 2FA codes. 

2 REPLIES 2

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@James277 

Sorry to hear. That is why I tell my friends and family to keep the PM SIM in a ziplock bag so it is easier to find when you return to Canada.

Just check @hTideGnow suggestion.

Once you have your new SIM. Go to the PM app and under the Account tab>Change Your SIM Card with the new SIM card number to maintain service with the old number.

IMG_0196.png

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @James277 

you checked the spam folder?  you searched the inbox for "Public Mobile"?

and if you click "Didn't receive code", you can try to get it by call. What you can do after is to call bac your voicemail using another phone and retrieve the code

Last, you need to ask PM support agent to help, they can even help to update the sim card for you.  Just message them
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Need Help? Let's chat.